Baby Wipes for Quick Bathroom Cleanup

It never fails that just when you think the house is clean you find another spot you've missed. This morning I reached for toilet tissue and noticed the holder looked a little dull. Like a lot of people, I keep baby wipes on the back of the toilet. Well, I pulled one out and wiped off the holder and what a beautiful shine I got. Looking in the mirror I noticed a few toothpaste stains, so I proceed to wipe it away with another baby wipe. I couldn't believe all the pretty lint free shiny areas I cleaned in a matter of seconds with a single baby wipe.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

My sister who owns an African Grey says that baby wipes dissolve bird poop. She uses them to clean the cage and is very happy with the results.

This is an idea I've used for quite a while now for lots of clean ups, including getting rid of stains on carpets, fingermarks on doors, drawing on walls, cleaning my computer keyboard and make up removal. The list goes on. Also I always store wipes upside down. They don't dry out this way.

its a baby wipes it has a ingredients which will be very useful for the baby. Better not to use a its for bathroom

July 6, 2010 Flag

I keep a box of inexpensive baby wipes (odor free) in my bathroom. I not only use them for quick cleaning of my face or hands, but I use them often to quickly wipe up a dirty sink or bathtub, around my toilet, on the lid or toilet seat and even use them to wipe up chrome faucets. If I use one on the bathroom sink I use it on the chrome too and if it isn't 'used-up' yet I will keep it handy throughout the day to use again for quick wipe-ups. I find they are good throughout the house to wipe around windows, use on window blinds, etc. The uses are endless. The only problem I have is if they are used on a mirror they might leave streaks. If reused they will last forever and their strength is sufficient for most quick cleaning jobs. If they dry out throughout the day just rinse them under warm water.

By Karen from Davis, CA

Answers:

Baby Wipes For Quick Bathroom Cleanup

I found this out by accident one day when the vanity top needed cleaning. Instead of running to the laundry room to retrieve a rag and spray cleaner, I saw the box of wipes and decided to try using one. It worked like a charm. I like your idea of buying a very inexpensive container of them just for this purpose....of course, they can still be used for their intended purpose too. I have found too that if they dry out, just put under running water and they are good to go again. The Clorox and Lysol cleaning wipes are good too; however more expensive. For doing a quick in between clean up the baby wipes are perfectly fine. I've also cleaned off the vanity with just wet kleenex in a pinch! (06/04/2008)

By Debbie52

Baby Wipes For Quick Bathroom Cleanup

I make my own wipes for bathroom and kitchen and reuse the container. Cut paper towels 2 times and you have enough for 3 containers.. For the liquid use the recipes found here on thrifty and they are even cheaper than the cheap baby wipes and last a lot longer.(06/05/2008)

By Kathleen

Baby Wipes For Quick Bathroom Cleanup

They are also good quick spot remover for clothing! Works great!
(06/05/2008)

By Karen Lawson

Baby Wipes For Quick Bathroom Cleanup

I just found out yesterday, from my sister, that they also take permanent marker off skin. My 2 year old great nephew got hold of a maker and my niece was wiping him off with a baby wipe and found out it took off permanent marker also. Great tip for me, cause my 7yr old DD gets it on her hands a lot. (06/07/2008)

By jmz2005

Baby Wipes for Quick Bathroom Cleanup

I love Viva paper towels so much that I keep a roll in a paper towel holder in my bathroom. They're just as soft as any washcloths. I use them to wash my face in the morning then I use the same towel to wipe down the sink after brushing my teeth. If I don't buy the select-a-size version, I'll use just a half a sheet when I tear it along the perforations. (06/11/2008)

By alcorn1871

Baby Wipes for Quick Bathroom Cleanup

I will be trying this and once the box is empty making my own version with some inexpensive dollar store cleanser and paper towels. (06/22/2008)

By

Baby Wipes for Quick Bathroom Cleanup

All the suggestions are great uses for baby wipes I believe a couple of years ago it was Ophrah who got excited when finding out the wipes took a stain off a good blouse she had on. Just one thing anyone who lives in the country and is on a septic system for their sewage. We were in our house less than a year when the septic system started to cause problems. We purchased the house when it was only one year one with the former owners having a baby. The gentleman who came to pump the system told us the wipes stay at the top of the entrance of the tank which resulted in an almost complete blockage the one year the couple flushed the wipes into the septic tank. (03/23/2009)

By EM10

Baby Wipes for Quick Bathroom Cleanup

Why not use real bathroom, kitchen or glass wipes? Many contain antiseptics to kill germs, which is great in the bathroom and kitchen sink, especially if you cut poultry. Some also have perfume if you want to freshen your bathroom. And glass wipes are pretty mild and leave no streaks or residues. The best thing is that I get No-Name brands of these wipes at my local 99 Cents store. I get approximately 20-40 sheets for a buck here in NYC.

Baby wipes are not a great idea for several reasons.

1) The thing that makes it a baby wipe is the inclusion of lotion, i.e. moisturizers. That leaves a residue like soap scum. Since the moisturizers are either made from lanolin (wax) or mineral oil, surfaces become slippery and and sticky, which attracts dust. Oil is also bad for some plastics and rubbers (that's why water-based lubricants are used for latex condoms).

2) Since it may contain oil, it's obviously ineffective for cleaning greasy surfaces.

3) The fact that it's made for a baby's skin also means that it's extremely weak as a cleanser. It's unlikely to be any more effective than water on dirt that you wouldn't encounter on a baby's skin.

4) The texture is made extremely soft and smooth for a baby's skin. A rougher texture is better for cleaning.

5) Baby wipes are relatively expensive because of the ingredients and soft, thick material.
(03/30/2009)

By bryguyf69

Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 6, 2010
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Disinfecting Wipes
Reusing Disinfecting Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
🎉
🎄