Cleaning Lace and Delicate Fabrics

If you have delicate fabrics or lace, which through soiling need washing. Place them in a medium size microwave safe bowl of water, to which you have added your detergent. Place the bowl and contents into the microwave with the timer set for 5 minute intervals on medium.

Check the contents each 5 minutes to see if the contents are cleaned, being mindful that the water and material will be very hot. I suggest that you keep a plastic salad server spoon to hand, to lift the fabric from the water to check. When ready rinse and dry flat and away from direct sunlight.

Source: I make lace and this is my own idea for cleaning it.

By Yvonne S. from Lincolnshire UK

What a great idea! I have some very old crocheted things that my grandmother made and I'm almost afraid to even wash them by hand but just placing them in a bowl and jiggling up and down wouldn't be to harsh. Thanks.

Delicate clothing hanging on a clothesline.
Washing Delicate Fabrics
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricJuly 13, 2008
lace close up
Lace Shaping
Vintage Lace
Removing Stains From Antique Lace
Cleaning Lace Curtains
Cleaning Lace Curtains