Creamy Mashed Potatoes

When making mashed potatoes for dinner, use Carnation milk in them. It makes them delicious and fluffy. They become creamier and richer in flavor. You can use instant or peeled potatoes

By mamacrafter from TN

Making mashed potatoes using butter and Carnation evaporated milk was the only way we ever made them when I was growing up. Since then, I've learned how to use just regular milk, but they never taste as good as my mom's did. That's for sure. Sometimes, she'd make Creamed Potatoes too, just cut the potato into bite-sized chunks, boil them with salt, and when they're done, she'd make a slurry of flour and water, and stir it into the potatoes without draining the potatoes. Stir and let cook for a while to get the raw flour taste out. Add butter and a sprinkle of black pepper for a different, but very good way with potatoes. Sometimes she'd add a can of tiny green English peas in with the potatoes too. Don't drain them. The juice in the can adds a lot of flavor and extra nutrition.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom too.

I use evaporated milk in my mashed potatoes but sometimes, in addition I'll add a little of ranch dressing and/or garlic powder. If I'm not adding ranch dressing I'll throw in a little of the dry parmesan cheese. Good!

I was raised on mashed potatoes with carnation and butter in them. I made them like this for the first 25 or 30 years of my marriage. Then the No Fat Brigade started yelling about it so I stopped. My first 3 babies were carnation and dextri maltose babies. Love that carnation!

Bowl of mashed potatoes with potatoes in background.
Mashed Potato Tips
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsMarch 20, 2011
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes