Caring for an Old Spinning Wheel

I need to find how to care for an old raw wood spinning wheel. I belonged to my grandmother. It is almost 100 years old. The wood seems so dry or thirsty. I don't want to seal it but wondered about an oil for the wood.

carolb4 from Fairview

Is there a museum or antique shop that you can call? you really don't want to do the wrong thing and ruin the value.

Lemon oil from walmart is in order to feed that thirsty wood.....it's cheap and cost effective....just the answer....pour into a painters pan....and paint it on with a paint brush......then wipe it down with a soft cloth.........I have a hundred year old trunk.....I spray down good with W D 40......then paint with lemon oil...as it is brass bound......that lemon oil is goooooood stuff........

hugs

Ace's Nanna

Scott's Liquid Gold would be a great product to generously apply, till it looks like you'd want it to. What a find, you have there, you should be proud!

Crafts AdviceMarch 13, 2006
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎄