German Chocolate Cake Cookies

• 1 German Chocolate cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup veg. oil
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)

Mix ingredients all together and roll into small balls in the palm of your hands. Put cookie on cookie sheet and press down centers with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 8 to 10 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet a minute to cool, then take them off the cookie sheet.

By Evelyn from McHenry, IL

These sound very good. Does one use regular oatmeal or the quick kind of oatmeal for the recipe?

Thanks, Di

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I made this last night, and baked it in a 9x13 pan as bars. It took 30 minutes at 350 degrees. My husband says these are addictive.

I made these without the oats and they were great. (I actually had copied the recipe and forgot to put the oats down.) They were very good and chewy and I took them to church. This recipe is so versatile! Can be made with lemon and all coconut, white and add chocolate chips, spice cake and add raisins and oatmeal. I know I will use it again and I will share it with my daughter-in-laws...easy for kids to make too:)

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies Cake MixJanuary 4, 2008
Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
Making Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
German chocolate cake
German Chocolate Cake Recipes
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes