Label Corner of Fitted Sheet

contest winner icon

Before putting on a fitted sheet on a bed, take a permanent marker and write on the tag, LB or RB, depending on which side the tag is on. It makes making a bed much faster and easier! No more trying to figure out which corner goes where.

Source: My mom!

By Diane from Iowa City, IA

I have been labeling the corners on the last few sheet sets I bought. It is a great time saver.

It took me years to learn this trick...great tip. I'll vote for this one!

We do this too, it really helps since we have three beds at our house and they are all different sizes. We also mark which bed the sheets belong to.

This is one of my duh moments. Why didn't I think of this myself. LOL. Voting for this tip. : )

Brilliant! I'm with eveh on this. Duh! Lol. Thank you for sharing.

dru

This is a great tip, but allow me to put the "blind chick spin" on it. Instead of marker, you could sew a small tag or slip of ribbon onto the corner in question. It wouldn't have to be obvious. But, it would be a great tactile clue for me. I know which way one of my comforters goes on because of where the "do not remove" tag is. Even when that tag is removed, there's a little stiff ribbon-like material where it was. :D

Sounds like a great idea. I will now be doing this too.

This is a great simple tip! My mom taught me something just like it!

I forgot to mention that I also mark the middle of the flat sheet so I don't have to keep going from one side or the other making sure it is even! You fold it under the mattress anyway.

I've got all of my fitted sheets and mattress pads marked and I'm loving it. No more wrestling with figuring out which way they go to put them on the bed.

Using a permanent marker, I put a long black mark on the hem at the top left corner and the bottom right corner. It is large enough that it's easy to see and being on the inside hem, it is tucked under the mattress well out of sight. To make sure I didn't mess up and mark any of them wrong, I marked all of them after I had them laying in the right direction on the bed.

When changing the bed, usually I start at the head of the bed on the left side. So now when I pick up the fitted sheet or mattress pad, I look for the black mark. I have a choice of two corners which makes it easy to find.

This was just a simple step that made life a little easier for me and added a little fun to making the bed.

Leave it to my ThriftyFun friends! Another very good tip!

(submitted via email)

I'm a retired machinist/machine repair and always had to match mark parts to put back together easy. So as your bed sheet I've marked the sheets similar to suggestion. I've also put a marks on top sheet to make sure it hangs evenly on both sides.

Good show, also pillows and p-cases marked Mom & Dad. Machinist are a bunch of doing things with precision.

Kenneth

I do this too, but the more I marked, the more I noticed that the label is almost always on the upper left end on the fitted sheet, so now I just use that and don't bother to mark them.

Wow! What an amazing idea!! It never fails, when I go to make the bed, I get one corner done and go to the next and *You got it* I have the sheet going the wrong way. I truly don't think I have ever started making the bed with the right end first!! I don't know WHY!! Thank you for this wonderful crazy simple idea that will make my life just a wee bit simpler...

Organizing BedroomSeptember 21, 2010
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Tablecloth
Making a Fitted Tablecloth
🎉
🎄