Storing and Displaying Antique Pins

I would appreciate ideas for storage and display of antique pins (jewelry).

Thanks,
jimmie from Rifle, CO

Hi Jimmie, I display mine on a velvet hand muff. It is very old and really is a terrific resting spot for jewelry.

Display antique jewelry in a shadow box frame display that can be purchased at Michael's or other craft stores.

I had hubby use an old gold frame and he made it into a shadow box frame. I used a complimentry colored fabric and poked holes through the fabric and used thin wire to hold items in place.

They can be hung on the wall, displayed on a table, etc. I am displaying one of mine on an old antique dictionary stand that tilts to a perfect angle for viewing.

i went to a jeweler to have a piece fixed. when i found out the piece was not able to be welded, the jeweler said if it had sentimental value i could pin it to a piece of scrap black velvet fabric which was glued to the back of a shadow box frame. i might add a pair of white cotton or satin ladies gloves and a string of fake pearls or broken pocket watch (which can be picked up at thrift stores).

I HAVE A COLLECTION OF MY PINS DISPLAYED ON A CHEAP WINDOW SHEER. I SIMPLY TOOK THE SHEER AND GATHERED IT NEAR THE TOP. WRAPPED A PRETTY RIBBON AROUND THE GATHER AND THEN I PUT A CUP HOOK IN THE WALL I WANTED TO HANG IN ON AND SECURED THE RIBBON TOT HE HOOK. AFTER THAT I SIMPLY PINNED THE DIFFERENT PINS I HAVE IN A RANDOM DISPLAY AND THEY LOOK GREAT. I GET COMPLEMENTS ON THE DISPLAY FROM MY FRIENDS. SO, IT MUST LOOK GOOD! HOPE THIS HELPS!

I have antique purses, pins and jewelry displayed in a glass top table which was purchased at a salvage mart 40 years ago. It was a cheap table with no top. My mother put some wire mesh in it for the shelf and then covered it with velvet. Then she had a piece of glass cut for the top. A $1.00 table can display anything I choose to set out and I am complimented on it frequently.

Organizing BedroomNovember 15, 2005
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
🎄