Drying Clothes Inside

I can't hang my laundry outside on a line, and I'm pretty limited on space indoors as well. However, I really wanted to avoid the cost of running my dryer. I solved my problem by hanging a second shower curtain rod in my shower. Clothes are hung up on hangers while wet, then simply transfered to the closet once dry. Smaller items and non-clothing laundry can be draped over hangers as well.

By Leann

I found a great way to dry my clothes inside during the winter months. I have a furnace closet and I had my husband put hooks on each opposing wall so I can string clothes lines from the ceiling down to about 2 feet from the floor. I staggered the hooks so I get better ventlation between the clothes and it makes a great "drying closet"! Just be sure you do not have a pilot light in the area you use. I have used this for several years and it is great. The closet has louvered doors so I get to close off the closet and air circulates as well. Hope this helps!

Also if you have a little spot in a corner of a bedroom you could use a wooden drying rack, or you can put up a rod just to the front outside of your closet using hooks in the ceiling.

I know a woman who has lines strung on her enclosed porch. She opens all the porch windows and lets the breezes dry the clothes. According to her, it's the next best thing to hanging them outside.

That is a better idea than I had. I found a small clothes rack at Salvation Army for $3.00 that folds up. Then I got a retractable clothesline like they have in motels. This would be less hassle !!!

I use the coat closet as a drying closet. I had an exhaust fan put in the top of the closet and a vent added to the door at the bottom. I fill the closet with hanging laundry, not to tightly, close the door and turn on the fan. In the winter months, we just leave the door open to the hallway and it drys quickly. When company comes, we just make sure everything has been put away.

Drying Clothes Inside
Line Drying Clothes Inside
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundrySeptember 28, 2004
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
🎉
🎄