Line Drying Clothes Inside

Category Laundry
You have made the decision to line dry your clothes whenever possible. This is a guide about line drying clothes inside.

My mom taught me this awesome tip. I bought two tension rods and put them in the shower. I wash my clothes and just hang them in the shower. It's easy and if you're hand washing it's time saving. You could skip pulling out the hanging rack. You don't even need to iron when they dry.

In the winter, I hang my laundry inside on hangers. The water from the clothes adds moisture in the house making the dry heat more tolerable on the mucus membranes and makes the house feel warmer.

In the winter time you can still hang your clothes to dry if you have someplace to hang some clothesline or rope. I have two rows of clothesline hung in my basement and I love to hang my clothes to dry after washing them. I use an inexpensive fabric softener and leave them down there overnight to dry. In the morning I just fold them all and put them away. It's also nice because it helps put a little more moisture in our house. We do not have a humidifier and the air gets pretty dry so this really helps with that, too.

By Robin

I can't hang my laundry outside on a line, and I'm pretty limited on space indoors as well. However, I really wanted to avoid the cost of running my dryer. I solved my problem by hanging a second shower curtain rod in my shower. Clothes are hung up on hangers while wet, then simply transfered to the closet once dry. Smaller items and non-clothing laundry can be draped over hangers as well.

By Leann

I'd purchased a nifty large powder coated steel drying rack with foldable sides at Container Store right before it was discontinued several years ago. I was happy to see it now stocked by IKEA for $39.99

You can save energy by hanging your laundry on a clothes line to dry in your garage. This is a guide about installing a clothes line in the garage.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

You will need extra shower-curtain tension rod. Put them up in tub area as high as you need for the length of the sheets or curtains.