Cardinal

I happened to look out my kitchen window yesterday, and saw this beautiful cardinal sitting there posing for me!

By Toni N.

Cardinal perched on tree branch.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Wow!

What a lucky lady you are, great photo!

Comment

This bird was right outside my window, just sitting there. So I grabbed my camera and started snapping photos. I got about five or six shots before he flew away!

By Terri from PA

Red cardinal bird in a rhododendron bush.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I captured this photo with my cell phone looking through our French doors outside one morning as this cardinal was just coming off one of our log feeders and was in flight with its wings wide open. I was truly amazed that I captured the shot with my cell phone. It landed on the rocks below, shortly after I shot this picture, and then went back to the log feeder for more food before flying away.
We have three log feeders in our front yard that we keep filled year around so that the birds will hopefully not snack on our fruit trees in the backyard. So far so good. :)

By lovingnature from TN

Cardinal in flight near feeders.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I took this photo from the window where I sit with my laptop every morning. This cardinal entertained me by sitting at the feeder for about 10 minutes! He just sat there looking in at me for so long, I just had to share.

By Robbie

<a name="bigimage">

Wildlife: Cardinal

Awesome! I love Cardinals. I have a bird feeder outside my kitchen window and a shelf where my cats can sit and watch the birds too. They keep us all entertained. (02/16/2011)

By sameoleme

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This red bird does not seem to know that spring and summer are gone because it still enjoys the same branches it did when they were pretty and green. It was such a delight to look out my window, and see this breath of beauty in the cold dreary months of winter.

By Lula F.

Editor's Note: The bird in the photo is a cardinal

<a name="bigimage">

<a name="bigimage">

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This photo is a bit blurry, it was far up in a tree and I was worried about it flying away, but it still amazes me!

By Sonia

<a name="bigimage">

Wildlife: Cardinal

What great contrast between the cardinal and the sky. Great job! (01/06/2011)

By Beth

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Cardinal having a snack at the bird feeder.

By Lovingnature

<a name="bigimage">

Wildlife: Cardinal

What a beautiful picture! we don't have cardinals here in the Pacific NW; I enjoy seeing the beauty of them! Thanks for sharing! (09/27/2010)

By MzScarlett

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I followed, and finally saw the elusive cardinal in our backyard! He was very hard to get any pictures of, he was feeding his young who were in the maple tree. A nice family to join us!

By Laurie

<a name="bigimage">

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A couple of cardinals at our home.

By Bobby

<a name="bigimage">

Wildlife: Cardinals

Bobby, these are not cardinals :-) They look like the common house finch to me. Nice photo of the pair enjoying the afternoon together! (05/28/2010)

By IvieThorn

Wildlife: Cardinals

A very pretty picture of the birds! I have cardinals in my backyard, but they don't look like yours. I live in PA so maybe they look different in your state. Good photo. (05/28/2010)

By Indianone

Wildlife: Cardinals

They are a rose finch or some such name. (05/28/2010)

By solus

Wildlife: Cardinals

I think these are finches too but not to worry! I had a brain fluff just a few weeks ago and submitted a Blue Heron calling it a Pelican even though I knew it was a Blue Heron ;-)

Love your photo! Thumbs up! :-) (05/28/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Cardinals

These appear to be house wrens. Cardinals have pointy top head and very red beaks. (05/29/2010)

By koppenhaver

Wildlife: Cardinals

The male cardinal is red all over. The female is less red all over.
These are house finches. (05/30/2010)

By Janey

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This was taken in our yard. The wind blew down the feeder and my favorite cardinal and his mate had fun eating out of the bird feeder on the ground.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is my Red Cardinal that stays in our old shed out back. He comes back every year in the winter.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeApril 4, 2011
Garden Bird
Garden Bird Photos
grosbeaks in the snow eating
Wild Bird Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 9:53:29 PM on 10.0.0.200 in 346 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.