Save Vegetable Cooking Water for Soup

Cook fresh or frozen vegetables in water. Once vegetables have cooked, drain the water into a large container in your freezer and add to it every time you cook more vegetables.

When it is time to make chicken noodle or vegetable beef soup you can use the vegetable base instead of adding can broth or bouillon. We do this as well in smaller containers with the juices and bones from cooked whole chickens and steak. I have been doing this for years and my soups are always a huge hit.

By 1_Princess Aurora from Concord, NC

And if you don't want to do that collect that water along with the water used to rinse rice and pour it in the garden.

I have a bucket in my kitchen to dump water into. I probably empty it in the vegetable beds 2 x a day.

Another thing to save is bread crumbs. I keep a contained in my freezer and add bread crumbs all the time. It takes awhile to fill it up, but when I do I'm all set with great crumbs for meat loaf or crab cakes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SoupNovember 9, 2009
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup