Product Review: NutriSystem

Product: Nutrisystem

Model: Women's Basic Plan

Manufacturer: Nutrisystem

Cost: approx. $300 per month

This is a good jump start for a dieter. I enjoyed the foods, which were easy to prepare and tasted reasonably good. There were a few exceptions. The spaghetti and meatballs had an unpleasant tangy taste, as though a sweet vinegar salad dressing were added to the sauce. If you like Prego, you would like it. The other pastas were fine.

I like the barbecued beef and brown rice so much, I will learn to make it on my own. A lot of the breakfast foods, scones and muffins, are quick and good; think Vitamuffin. I have since learned to bake these high fiber/protein pastries and freeze them until needed. I did lose over ten pounds and they sent me a cute bear with a ten on it, making it fun for me.

This is easier to follow if you are single. I can't imagine making full course meals for a family and not indulging beyond this meal plan. This is easier when it isn't the holiday season with so many goodies and special family and co-worker meals.

It takes considerable planning to have all of the necessary fruits/veggies/dairy on hand, especially at work. You can't use corn or peas as a veggie; they are counted as carbs. Your applesauce shouldn't have sugar added, etc. You really have to focus to shop and eat according to the plan, including measuring everything.

It works great if you can focus and be faithful to the plan. You will be ready for different food in a month or two, but it is a good diet start. You learn about portion control. The sodium wasn't an issue because I am not on a salt-free diet. I will take what I learned and adapt it to my own diet meals. It made dieting fun and it didn't cost much because of the grocery bill reduction.

By Susannl from St. Cloud, FL

Got to ebay and look under nutri system. You can get 4-5 weeks of meals for about 170.00 Then alls you add is a little exercise. I read when people go to the nutri system office they continually bill your credit card for anything. These meals are selling like hot cakes. I also read that some of their meals weren't that tasty but no gain. It includes all breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts. Check it out and save.

Check out ebay under nutri system. They are selling the meals like hot cakes. 4-5 Weeks worth of meals for around 170.00 I have seen people get them even cheaper and with good expiration dates on them. Breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts and big big savings. Just add a little exercise.

I did pretty much the same thing only with Jenny Craig. I started out for a month or so but found I didn't like all the food and it is so expensive. Nowadays with the internet and all you can get great recipes online and find ways to cut calories and fat. Just suit things to your taste. I have lost 60 pounds this past year and the best advice is not to eat very heavy after 3pm. This has been very helpful to me.

I have a friend who did Nutri-System It cost her over $1000.00 several years ago and as soon as she stopped she started gaining her weight back. I think WW is better. I did that until I had to cut back on my budget when hours at work got cut. I did super with it. Go to WW meetings and learn what they teach you and then you can stop going and do it by yourself at home. WW uses regular food that your whole family can eat and you don't have to spend extra on foods for you!

Thanks for taking the time to review this product for us; I have always wondered how it works. I had already decided that it wasn't for me, for several reasons. The main reason being, I don't usually keep to the standard "breakfast foods for breakfast", and so forth and so on. I'd rather have a classic meat, pasta, veggies, etc. Which probably means that that kind of diet wouldn't work for me, sigh... It's nice to get to hear from people who have actually used the product, that are not being paid by the company to say wonderful things about the product. LOL.

A relaltive was an area counseling manager for Nutrisystem back when they had meetings for dieters. They closed these places and now just sell food. I have a problem with anything that has so many chemical additives. Better to just to eat sensibly, get enough exercise and have some will power. Talk to your doctor first. I imagine Jenny Craig is the same as Nutrisystem.

I started 3 weeks ago and already lost 8 pounds. It works. Yes, the food might suck, but that's what you get when paying for pre-packaged meals. Former military so the taste didn't really bother me that much, just added ketchup. lol. Losing weight is not easy. Just stay on the plan, drink a ton of water and have physical activity even if its just a brisk walk.

Hey, gaining weight is easy, losing it is the hard part and it sucks, but stick to it , follow the plan and you will see results. simple as that!! and I'm single so the prepackaged meals work great. Change your mindset about food, it something that you need to do to survive, not enjoy. =P

I did Nutrisystem years ago and am now trying it again. It does work, but you have to follow it. Some food is better than others, the new frozen stuff is an improvement. What I like is that you can now track your daily intake online. It makes it alot easier, which is the reason for doing Nutrisystem. It also shows the appropriate portions online. I like that since I am online all day at my job. I can just jump to their website for any update or to obtain information. No diet is perfect, but neither is life. It does train you to eat smaller portions and to ensure your diet is balanced.

It is cheaper than Jenny Craig and easier than Weight Watchers, which I hate and never do well on that plan. In the end, you have to take the initiative and maintain the weight loss, which is the real challenge!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Health and FitnessJanuary 14, 2010
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal