Write Prices On Grocery Purchases

When shopping for groceries and personal items, I write the price with a permanent marker discreetly on the packaging when I place it in the cart. This helps me make sure it rung up at the correct price at the register and it also helps me know how much I paid for the item when I run out and have to buy more. Writing down the price also helps me recognize a good deal if it is cheaper when I go to replace the item.

By Melissa V from Oklahoma City, OK

I think retailers would tell you to write all you want on the packaging, after you've paid for it.

This is such a good idea; I'm going to do it. The checkers run everything thru the scanner so fast that's I'm going nuts trying to keep up with them to make sure I'm not being overcharged. GOOD TIP!

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingOctober 10, 2007
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
A calendar page showing January 1st.
Remembering to Write the Correct Year
basket with products
Shopping at Aldi's
🎄
🍂