Taking Down Blinds

I was pleased to see the items on cleaning blinds. However, what I want to know is how to take them down!

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 08/18/2005

Hi Corey,
I'm not sure what kind of blinds you have but mine have a little piece that fits into the front of the bracket. It just slides out and then you can slide the blinds out.
Hope this helps,
Susan from ThriftyFun

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 08/19/2005

Socket wrench.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By slw1299 (Guest Post) 08/19/2005

I had the SAME problem! LOL I spent 15 minutes trying to get a blind down, and gave up...my sister-in-law came over and showed me how. On our blinds, the front cover has a square that flips up from each corner. Then the blinds slide right out. I felt so silly, but I had never had blinds before. Now I have a whole housefull!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Ariela 33 265 03/11/2006

when the string breaks on mini blinds can the blind be re strung
instead of just tossing it out?? Sorry this is the only thread I could
find on blinds. And how?? Any instructions??

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Mrs Rowe (Guest Post) 02/13/2008

Great advice ! Thanks - found that the 'metal' piece has to be swung to the right- used small screw driver to start it as it was stiff.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Steve (Guest Post) 06/13/2008

My blinds turn a fraction, but I can't see where they're stuck and can't see how to get to the internal working parts. Do I need to take them down to work on them.
TIA. Steve

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No