Rope Dresser Handles

contest winner icon

When we were younger we bought our kids dresser at a garage sale, but the handles were missing. We couldn't afford to buy any. So, my husband strung rope through the holes and tied a knot inside to hold it in place. We had that dresser for 20 years. So often we would smile about that. When the rope-handle gets dirty from use just cut it and strung through another rope-handle. And the rope will never break. You could use the cloth clothesline rope or the plastic type. Ours was cloth but the plastic one you could wipe clean and disinfect.

Ariela from FL

Very clever idea! Even if they are not broke that would add to a beach theme bedroom or nautical, lighthouse look. I will keep this idea in mind. Have a great day. And THANKS

Ditto to the other comment, took the keystrokes off my keyboard.

Great idea!

Now why didn't I think of that. My son's dresser has two missing handles and I always have to stick my nail or finger on the edge to pry it open. Your idea will save my nails. I might even stick a wooden bead on the string so it will give me something to grab on. Thanks for sharing.

Staining Table
Refurbishing Furniture
Crafts MiscellaneousApril 3, 2007
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing