Attaching Shells to Mirrors

I need to know what type of adhesive to use for securing shells to the frame of a mirror. I am interested, especially for making large projects. I read about PVA wood glue, and even plaster of Paris and non-acidic adhesives. What have any of you used that really worked well for yourselves?

I have tried the glue gun, but the glue dried and shells fell off after some time. One glue made the shells brittle over time. Even when using plaster of Paris the shells had fallen off one ladies' project. I considered Gorilla Glue. I may try that next. Do any of you have tried and true methods? I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Marjorie

By shell-shocked from Keller, TX

Best Answer

I would use e-6000 glue. It is really good and can be used for a large variety of surfaces.

I want to glue sea shells around a large round mirror with no frame. The edge of the mirror is scratched and worn away in some places and I feel this would revive it in a creative way. Any hints on how to attach shells would be appreciated.

Sharr from Queensland

Crafts Home DecorJuly 17, 2010
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 7:22:19 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.