Difficulties Growing a Sugar Maple

I have a Sugar Maple that I planted in our front yard 15 years ago and half of it is growing well and the other half is stunted. I have to trim the growing half back to be equal with the other side. The stunted side loses it leaves earlier than the other side, too.

The trunk at the base of the healthy side is enlarged somewhat. I dug around recently and the roots are going sideways as far as I can tell. Not sure what to do.

By Don from Pittsburgh, PA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I suggest you call your county extension off. Ask them for info on this tree, good luck.

You need to call the nearest University or College and ask how to get ahold of someone in the horticulture dept. They will be able to tell you how to get your answers if they can't help you. The professor may even use your tree as a learning tool for his students.

Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthOctober 17, 2009
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
pancakes with syrup
Sugar Free Maple Syrup Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 4:27:10 PM on 10.0.2.91 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.