Homemade Letter Soap
A very easy, cute gift that looks hard to make.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour
- block of clear unscented soap (for one soap, about 8 oz., depending on size)
- dye (optional)
- scent (optional)
- small amount of white unscented soap
- square/rectangular mold
- letter molds
- alcohol in spray bottle
- microwave safe container
- Popsicle sticks
- Melt a small amount of white soap in the microwave, 25 seconds, mix (with Popsicle stick), repeat another 25 seconds and repeat until melted.
- Pour into letter mold of choice.
- Place mold in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until solid.
- Remove letter from mold.
- Melt about 8 oz. of clear soap (or as much needed for the square mold) in the microwave, 25 seconds, mix (with Popsicle stick), heat for 25 seconds, until fully melted.
- Add dye or leave as is.
- Add a drop of scent or leave as is.
- Pour into square mold.
- If bubbles form, spray with alcohol.
- Wait about 2 minutes so the soap cools a little and doesn't melt the letter, then place the letter in the center of the melted soap in the mold.
- Let harden for about a day.
- Remove from mold.
By Esther from Baltimore
September 18, 20100 found this helpful
The soap looks very yummy. I can't wait to wash with it. I love your idea.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 28, 2016 at 7:12:29 PM on 10.0.2.86 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us