Why Have the Goldfinches Left My Yard?

We had a lot of yellow finches, they have completely gone. We had thistle seed out for them and they were eating so much I was having to fill it every day. Could you tell me why they would suddenly leave?

By Donna from Statesville, NC

Well, I know they migrate. We have them for a couple of days about twice a year and they move on.

We had this happen to us in the fall in New England. They were with us all summer having a ball. Then one day they were gone. Maybe they're on their way back to us :)

This is pretty funny. We have them all winter long. When they all go into the leafless trees they look like Christmas Ornaments! By the 1st of May every last one of them are gone from at least 100 that eat from our 6 feeders. (I live in Central Cal.)

I have had multiple finches to visit my yard at times, but I have decided they are on a path to somewhere else, and just stopped in for a snack.

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesMay 9, 2010
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A gnome in a garden.
Preventing Yard and Garden Theft
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard