Water/Ice Dispenser is Leaking

I have a leaky side by side with water/ice dispenser, but no supply line is hooked up to the unit. I have a frozen lake in the bottom of the freezer, how do I fix this? I took everything out of the fridge/freezer for two days to let it thaw. About 2 weeks later I am leaking again. Please help!

Joe from Clinton Township, Mich

I had the same issue your freezer's defrost system has a blocked drain hose under the freezer or the freezer drain (inside bottom) is blocked by ice or some other item.

I had to remove the back wall of the freezer to fully defrost the freezer and check for blockage (it was ice for me). It's easy to remove the back wall of the freezer or you can call a service person for approx $150.

Its not the ice maker - in the floor of the freezer is a small drain that lets the water drain out after it goes through defrost - it sounds like it is plugged up and not draining. Clean out the ice and look and see if you can see the drain - if you can- take some weed eater string and run it through that should clean out the drain. No more frozen lakes.

Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorDecember 22, 2008
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Repairing A Refrigerator's Water Dispenser
Refrigerator
Refrigerator is Leaking Water
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄