Repairing A Refrigerator's Water Dispenser

Category Refrigerator
When you become used to the in-door water dispenser on your refrigerator, it is frustrating when it breaks. This is a guide about repairing a refrigerator's water dispenser.

My brand new Frigidaire model #fghf2366pfea leaks from the top rear (where two plastic tubes enter) when water dispenser is depressed.

Answers

Best Answer

There is a problem with one of the hoses not being attached correctly. If this is brand new it is under warranty and it's best if you call the store and have a person come to you home and fix this. I wouldn't really do much with this because it is new and still under warranty.

I have a Frigidaire 2-door, with ice maker and water dispenser. I replaced the ice maker and the water valve. Now, the water dispenser starts and stops on its own.

Answers

The microswitch on the dispenser may be stuck.

Our Kenmore refrigerator is a side by side. It dispenses ice, but the water seems jammed-up. How do I correct it? My assumption is the line is frozen along the way, but how do you unfreeze it?

By Michelle from Tampa, FL

Answers

I did an old-fashioned defrost to fix this with mine. I put everything in coolers and unplugged the refridgerator overnight and that did the trick. I've read here that people have used hair dryers to melt the water in the line as well.

My fridge water button is set to water, but when I push the lever for water it spits water at you and fills your cup with ice. Why is water not coming out and ice is? Please help.

By MBlakeney from Clemmons, NC

Answers

I would call the maker of it or a place that repairs them, good luck.

I have a side by side Kenmore refrigerator with the ice and water dispenser on the outside. The water paddle broke so I ordered a new one and replaced it with no problem. Now when you push the water paddle it dispenses water, but also I hear it crushing ice. What is going on?

By leanneworth from TN

Answers

You need to call the place you got it from, good luck.

The ice maker water dispensing tube drips on my refridgerator. It appears the solenoid is not closing all the way. Is this possible?

By Nate from Pine Island, FL

We have a GE side by side with ice maker in the door. We replaced the water supply line and now ice maker is working pumping ice out, but I have no water now at the door.

By Dan C.

My Kenmore refrigerator is dripping water from the water dispenser spout. What is making it do this and what do I need to fix it?

By Chad F.