Browsing: Using a Flea Collar

Flea Collar Reviews

I have a bad habit of taking in stray kitties so I now have 8 of them. In the past I have always purchased Front Line Plus for their flea and tick protection but it is getting really hard for me to come up with $80 each month. Does anyone know of a flea and tick collar that really works? Is there any type of concoction I could try putting in their food? Thanks for any advice.

By Aintnomarthastewart from Guyton, GA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I go online and put frontline spray in the search bar. I order a bottle for 24 dollars. It lasts all year and does better than the flea collar. I could not afford the shoulder stuff either we have a multiple pet household. Vets charge too much. Ordering online is cheaper. Robyn

Bless you for taking in the stray kitties and trying to care for them. I just placed a puppy in a rescue group myself. The world needs more people like you. Robyn

Whatever you do, DON'T buy anything by Hartz.

Why don't you try a dust for the cats? It's cheaper and actually works, unlike flea collars. Go to a vet and ask for VetKem flea powder. I KNOW it works, I sold it for 20+ years.

Flea collars don't work unless the flea walks on the collar and actually camps out on it! Most flea products are toxic to kitten. sorry frontline is the safest and only choice. Good luck!

I stopped using flea collars after my Rosie bit into it and died. Somehow it loosened up and she got it partially over her head. Heartbreaking! I prefer the spot on Revolution which handles fleas and heartworms. My vet prefers it also..

April 14, 2009 Flag

What is the best flea collar?

Larry from NY

Answers:

Flea Collar Reviews

Hi Larry,

I don't think flea colors work, plus I don't like the idea of chemicals surrounding their faces. My indoor dogs are on Advantage all year and therefore my indoor cats never get fleas.

Jennifer, Northern Virginia (09/19/2007)

By ILuvDobes

Flea Collar Reviews

Well, I can tell you they don't work. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years and we use Advantage for fleas. You can purchase it at your Vet's office, it works great. Good luck to you and your fur-baby. (09/19/2007)

By Sherri

Flea Collar Reviews

Ditto to all the posts. Don't waste your money, get the flea treatment pills from the vet. The store bought ones are not good enough. Seriously, the money is well worth it (09/19/2007)

Flea Collar Reviews

Sorry, I did not mean pills. I meant of course, the application stuff like Frontline or Advantage (09/19/2007)

Flea Collar Reviews

I find that BIO-Spot is great. I have used it for years with no problems. (09/24/2007)

By donnelly

Flea Collar Reviews

According to my vet, Flea Collars should be outlawed. Nothing but nerve gas placed around the neck of your precious friend. (10/23/2007)

By mammabear

Flea Collar Reviews

I don't like flea and tick collars, they don't seem to do anything. Instead try Frontline.
(03/26/2008)

By Gary

Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Consumer Advice Product Reviews PetsApril 14, 2009
Blue shirt with a white collar.
Repairing Shirts With a Worn Collar or Cuffs
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews
Dog in Elizabethan Pet Collar
Alternative To Elizabethan Pet Collar
dress shirt
Collar Stay Replacement Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 7:17:58 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 845 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.