Rewash Unmatched Socks to Find Mates

I do a lot of laundry. When I discover the unmatched socks, they go into a small basket nearby. The next time I run the white load through (or the color load for colored socks), I add the mismatched socks to it. Usually the mate will be found this way, and it isn't another chore of going through a large amount of unmatched socks.

By Chicerena from Fresno, CA

Ok, I know what you meant but I couldn't help but laugh thinking about all those lonely mateless socks bravely going into the washer to rescue their mates. How romantic! =(^.^)=

I don't know what you mean. Most socks are lost outside the drum between it and the wall of the washer. How does this work?

Woman carrying a laundry basket full of socks.
Keeping Track of Socks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 27, 2009
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Making a Sock Quilt
Uses for Unmatched Socks, Small Pile of Unmatched Socks
Uses for Unmatched Socks
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks