Reusing Gift Wrappings

Wrappings don't have to be wasteful. I love gift bags! It's become so much easier to wrap things and to put together the collections of little gifts I usually give. What's more they can be recycled almost indefinitely if you are careful with them. (This is the first year in a long time that I have used new gift bags, as I normally have enough recycled ones to use.)

My thrifty forebears also used to re-cycle gift wrap and ribbon (do you know that rayon ribbon can be ironed with a cool iron to restore it?) So I have no problems with redoing and reusing things I have gotten and things other people have gotten which I pick up in thrift shops and so on. So pack up all that stuff in your Xmas box for next year. Happy frugal holidays!

I've loved gift bags for many years; I used to buy them by the dozen in solid colors from Oriental Trading when I used to order there for trinkets for my daughter & her friends. She was preteen-young teen then, and just turned 23 Dec 30!

Even the plain solid bags made stunning presentations when paired with 2 or 3 different color tissue. I've become known among the fam and friends for my lovely gift presentations; my MIL calls me "The Bag Lady"!

It took a while for others to catch on, so I didn't receive many for a long time, but I'm getting quite a few now, including, of course, some of my own!

In re-use, I put a name label on the bottom, or tied to the handle, so that the side of the bag doesn't get defaced with removal.

I have always loved the idea of gift bags because I hate to wrap gifts. They are becoming so popular now, that I have decided to make them in different prints and different sizes as a new item for my pre-Christmas craft shows this Fall.

I just have to decide what sizes will be best.

Harlean from Arkansas

Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts Gift WrappingJanuary 4, 2008
brown paper gift wrap
Frugal Gift Wrapping Ideas
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 3:25:17 PM on in 958 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.