Older Dog With Bad Teeth

I have a 11 year old cocker who has very bad breath. I thought it was due to her getting older (never had a dog this old before) then today I lifted up her mouth to look at her teeth and they were very rotten and a lot of them were loose. I'm going to get her a vet appointment, but I was wondering what this could do to her health? It's sad when your close to your pet and you see things like this. My 7 year old daughter and myself started crying together when we thought something could happen.

Thanks for your help,
Christina from San Antonio, TX

THIS CAN MAKE HER SICK. TAKE HER TO THE VET

She needs to go to the Vet ASAP. Healthy teeth is a must.

I know exactly how you feel. My dog is 12 and has just been through the same thing. I took her to the vet and she had to have several teeth removed and all of her teeth cleaned under general anaesthetic. I was so worried for her to be having a general at her advanced age... But! She came out fine! Her mouth is now fine! All is well! Just take your little darling off to the vet and let him sort it all out for you.

Husbands dog is 4 yrs. old and had bad breath,Vet said his teeth were infected,cleaned his teeth,gave him anti-biotic, still taking that, see the vet,

Take her to vet ASAP.Bad teeth can lead to heart problems in animals as well as humans.Some vets use very light anathesia like for tropical birds.It is much safer for older animals.My 15 year old poodle had this done and did just fine.

Take her to the vet as soon as possible. In the mean time, make sure she gets soft food that doesn't require lots of chewing, since she has loose & rotten teeth, she might not be able to chew and therefor might be hungry and not getting enough food & nutrients to keep her healthy. Good luck and give her lots of love and pampering (& treats), she's old, you won't regret it.

Not being mean, but-didn't you ever check before? It's something you need to keep up on regularly by brushing their teeth, giving them hard treats and food, things like that. It's part of being a responsible pet owner.

i have an 11 year old blind cocker with very bad breath and i also just realized his teeth are rotting away.

He seems to eat the hard food just fine, but it looks as though everyone thinks he should have soft food and go to the vet. It is heartbreaking to see them get old. thanks for the advice.

I have the same problem with my manchester terrier. He goes to the vet on a regular schdule his whole life and I had to switched vet because I moved and I ask him about the breath problem and cleaning well he told me he is to old to be put under and get his teeth cleaned well now it's been 6 months and i noticed that his gums and teeth are very bad so my questions is what can you do to make him more comfortable eating I know to give him soft food but it has to be painful with a bad tooth .

Jack Russell Terrier with bad breath.
Remedies for a Dog's Bad Breath
Pets Dogs HealthMay 17, 2006
Woman Grinding teeth and massaging jazz.
Teeth Grinding Treatment
Flipper Teeth
Buying Flipper Teeth Kits
Yawning beagle next to man making a yucky face
Puppy With Bad Breath
Schnauzer with its mouth open.
Cleaning Your Dog's Teeth
🎄