BathroomCleaning

Makeup Stains on a Countertop

Category Bathroom

How do you remove makeup stains off a white countertop?

Al Wash from Daytona Beach, FL

Well I can't guarantee it'd work but I have gotten off lots of stains, scuffs and spots with my Mr Clean Magic Eraser! Try in a inconspicuous place first to be sure it doesn't mar the finish. Good luck!

also try toothpaste and clorox bleach pen... not together of course...try the paste first

The "gel all purpose cleaner containing bleach", we use the generic. If allowed to sit on a stain will often remove it or might take just a little rubbing. That's really the only purpose I buy this particular cleaner for. It is sold in the cleaning aisle in a bottle, near the all purpose cleaners/cleansers ...but it's not soft scrub cleanser, although that might work also if it contains bleach. You might also try Clorox Clean Up Liquid & spray it on & let it sit a while. Sometimes baking soda does the trick, moisten & rub lightly, low grade abrasive like the toothpaste. Good Luck!

Rubbing alcohol will remove ink stains from countertops, so it may work for removing makeup. I would recommend trying it first, since in removing ink stains it works better first if you haven't tried anything else first. I use a saturated cotton ball with a little elbow grease. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip with rubbing alcohol. It got the nail polish removed with elbow grease, however there was a stain that I can't identify by my daughter, and it won't come out!

I WOULD TRY OXYCLEAN (I SHOULD HAVE STOCK IN THAT COMPANY!!!) OR BAM SUPER POWER CLEANER. I JUST REMOVED SOME STAINS FROM MY WHITE COUNTER WITH THE BAM.

If the countertops are formica, you might try a Mr. Clean magic eraser. I've had good luck using one on my off-white countertips.

I had makeup and ink stains on my counter top, and the magic eraser worked perfectly! Thank you so much!