Recycled Scrapbook Punch Organizer

Today I used the duraweave bag from the Purina Cat Chow to make a recycled organizer. I love reusing things!

• bag or two
  • plastic placemats or cardboard
  • a small child's clothing hanger
  • sewing machine
  • thread

I also had to hand sew a small piece with a large plastic canvas needle, as my sewing machine did not like sewing through so many layers and threw a hissy!

I used the plastic placemats in the back of the bag to insert into large pockets I had made. This was to add some stability to the bag, and so it wouldn't bow inward from the weight of the punches.

I did make a few of my pockets on the small side, so I had to just slip a couple of my punches over the edge of the pocket, but it worked. So I am happy.

By Hoptownracer1 from USA

Great Idea you got there. I love the recycle and it works I'll give it a try to hold all my punches. I am a scrapaholic and I thank you for this idea :)

Great idea in keeping those large bags from the landfill and putting them to use! Love it!

Like you, I've been keeping those cat food bags. I knew that something would come along that I just had to make with them. This organizer is a fantastic idea. You can make a bunch of them, then hang them all in a closet, and they'd barely take up any room. I love the idea of having all my stuff organized. When you need to make something, you can take just the one organizer out, and everything is all together. Thank you so much for sharing.

Craft Organizer From Dog Food Bag
Making an Organizer from Pet Food Bags
Photos CraftsFebruary 24, 2010
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
A glass of Champagne Punch.
Champagne Punch Recipes
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer