Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Do I Remove Ink from a Faux Suede Couch?

My daughter has drawn all over my newish, red, fake suede couch with a Biro. How do I get the ink out if my couch?

By Samantha from Cairns, Qld

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Marcie [4]02/21/2011

It's the alcohol in the hairspray that cleans the ink, so either use just alcohol or make sure the hairspray contains it. Good luck! Kids, gotta love 'em.

By Deb S. [3]02/15/2011

I'm gonna say Hairspray. I find that the Faux suede cleans up really well. I have found that I can get ink out of just about anything using aerosol hairspray. if you spray the ink with hairspray and then use a huggie's baby wipe it should come out. If it's a lot of ink, I would try spraying it with the hairspray until it's wet and then take a dry white cloth and try to blot the ink and then when it's almost gone use the huggie's wipe. Good Luck!!! I hope this helps. My son has a Faux suede chair and it was looking pretty bad with stains and God knows what and I cleaned it with my Bissell carpet cleaner and it came out like new! Before I cleaned it I sprayed it with hairspray (he had ink on it too) and also with Totally Awesome and let it sit for a few minutes and Voila! everything came out!