How Do I Remove Ink from a Faux Suede Couch? - Categories:

FurnitureCleaning

How Do I Remove Ink from a Faux Suede Couch?

My daughter has drawn all over my newish, red, fake suede couch with a Biro. How do I get the ink out if my couch?

By Samantha from Cairns, Qld

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I'm gonna say Hairspray. I find that the Faux suede cleans up really well. I have found that I can get ink out of just about anything using aerosol hairspray. if you spray the ink with hairspray and then use a huggie's baby wipe it should come out. If it's a lot of ink, I would try spraying it with the hairspray until it's wet and then take a dry white cloth and try to blot the ink and then when it's almost gone use the huggie's wipe. Good Luck!!! I hope this helps. My son has a Faux suede chair and it was looking pretty bad with stains and God knows what and I cleaned it with my Bissell carpet cleaner and it came out like new! Before I cleaned it I sprayed it with hairspray (he had ink on it too) and also with Totally Awesome and let it sit for a few minutes and Voila! everything came out!

It's the alcohol in the hairspray that cleans the ink, so either use just alcohol or make sure the hairspray contains it. Good luck! Kids, gotta love 'em.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 13, 2011
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:01:05 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.