Make Bread for the Birds With Old Flour

I found an old 5 pound bag of wheat flour that got lost in the back of the pantry. Not wanting to waste it I used it in my bread machine and made loaves of bread to put out for the birds. The bottom of the loaf where the mixing paddle goes is perfent to slip over the snoe fence outside the kitchen window. The birds are loving it!

By Peggy from Cortland, Ohio

I keep my flours in the freezer. Lasts a long time that way. Wheat flour can turn rancid quickly. Freezer helps that!

I, too, store my extra flour in the freezer, but I love that you shared this idea, and will be putting it to good use!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadFebruary 25, 2009
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Cake Flour
Using Cake Flour
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
Sifting Flower
Sifting Flour Without a Sifter
🎄
🍂