InvestingBudget & Finance

Choosing Companies to Invest In

How do I choose which companies to invest in for the short term, based on market share?

By Rajesh from Nashik

I suggest to go to a credit union office. Ask them the question. They are safer than stocks at this time, good luck.

Tread with care! My mom had most of her retirement money in Tech stocks before the market crashed and she lost darn-near all of it! Another friend of mine had her money tied up in 5 rental properties which have now lost half of their worth! & right now Gold & Silver can either keep going up or go right back down (though it may take several years).

If it were me, I'd look at what things are going to be here for the long term. Foe example, I'd look at companies that make things that seniors or older people need because the population is getting older. (like wheelchair, etc) If earthquakes or floods happen, then think about companies like Caterpillar (who make bulldozers & earth-moving equipment).

You can always subscribe to people (or futurist's) like Sean David Morton that write investment newsletters & newsletters that talk about the possible future. http://www.delp … /newsletter.html

Sometimes, it's good to invest in Numismatic coins. There are only so many rare coins & it's not like you can just punch out a 1934 dime whenever you'd like. Besides collecting coins are safer than collecting stamps or depression glass which can easily be ruined!

There are no totally safe places to invest, as the recent financial crisis has proven. Good luck.

You should (1)only invest money that you can afford to lose since the market isn't foolproof, and (2)most investments are for long term rather than short. (3)If you are going to need the money in less than 10 years, it is best to go ultraconservative.