Removing Tar From The Dryer - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Removing Tar From The Dryer

How do I remove tar from inside of the dryer?

By Tina from Waterford, MI

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

You can try baby oil and some elbow grease. I have been very lucky with gas though. You have to let your dryer air out for 24 hours after you use. Then I always do a load of rags before I dry anything else.

I just cleaned the tar out of my dryer. I came here and saw the posting about using cooking oil. I ran the dryer for several minutes to heat it. Using several paper towels and coconut oil (it's great because it does not smell), I attacked the surface.

For the most part it came off very easily. A few bigger clumps required some "mild" elbow grease. I did need to reheat the dryer once or twice as the tar comes off much easier when hot. The whole removal process took about 5 to 10 min. When finished, I just washed the oil off using hot water and laundry detergent.

On a side note: I had this happen to me several years ago and was advised to use gasoline. That did indeed work, but it was so smelly and required venting. It took quite a while for the fume smell to go away. Coconut oil was a dream come true!

Kelly

June 10, 2010 Flag

To get tar out of dryer walls, use mayonnaise. Rub mayonnaise on, let sit for 15 minutes then wipe off with a bit of elbow grease. It's the only trick that worked for me.

By Lori from Lancaster, PA

Answers:

Removing Tar From The Dryer

I used cooking oil to remove tar from my dryer. I ran the dryer for a few minutes to warm it. Then I rubbed the spots with a rag dipped in cooking oil. The tar came off quite easily. (07/30/2008)

By Evelyn

Removing Tar From The Dryer

Toothpaste worked for me. I used a non scratch scouring pad and a little non gel (old fashioned white) toothpaste and the tar came right off. (04/06/2009)

By raw1905

May 26, 2008 Flag

How do I get hot oil tar out of clothes and dryer?

devourer45

Answers:

Removing tar From Clothing and the Dryer

Try using De-Solv-It or Goo Gone. These can be purchased at Wal/Mart. Works very well. (11/07/2004)

By dani

Try kerosene. It works great for getting tar off of the car. Just put some on a rag and clean the spot. Then rinse well (this is very important for the dryer). You would need to wait to use the dryer until the fumes are gone. (11/08/2004)

By Joan-Wy.

we tried polish remover, will try Kerosene and let you know, thanks. (12/27/2004)

By John

I tried goo-gone it didn't work for me to get it off clothes. (04/30/2007)

By Meghann

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJune 10, 2010
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 10:10:52 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 712 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.