Use Blank Sides of Handouts for Printing

If you use a lot of paper printing information from the internet, you can save on paper by using the blank side of handouts from work and school.

By Tammy from Udall, KS

I found a binder full of old conference papers that was my husbands. Almost all of the pages were blank on the back, so I emptied the binder and I used them for printing. The other morning I was waiting for the post office to open and saw a huge stack of papers in the trash. Well I just grabbed them up and now I have free paper for another month or more. I also use the back of anything I get in the mail that is blank. I have saved at least 30 dollars already since starting.

Great tip! Wish I thought of posting it!! I've been doing this for years. Any one sided printed paper that comes home from school gets saved and I reuse it....for my own print outs or just for scratch paper. I also save any printing mistake paper too. I have this plastic three drawer unit that is 8 1/2 x 11 size and is great for holding printer paper in one, card stock in one and then those sheets that are blank on one side and I can use for whatever I need. It's great to recycle and saves money in the long run too!

We save paper which has been printed on one side for our children to draw on. One office I worked at, used cover pages on the printer, so when ever someone printed something, you got a cover page with the person's name on it. These ended up in an empty printer paper box but the printer. I used to take home around 100+ sheets every couple of weeks.

Because of my visual impairment I can't read items back to myself once I print them, so I usually just save interesting items to a file on my hard drive and skip printing altogether. So, the toner cartridge that came with my printer is still good after three years!

The only drawback to doing this is that the ink on the used side can build up on the rollers of some printers, HP for one, causing frequent paper jams. Don't mean to be a wet blanket, just thought that you would want to know.

Shari from Greer

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 5, 2009
17 Year Old Birthday Party
17 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
A computer and printer.
Printing a Web Page
Trouble Printing Coupons