Use Loose Leaf Paper In Your Printer

Here is a great tip that I came up with out of "desperation": I love to peruse craft websites and print out free directions for ones I want to do later. Well, one day I went to print out a couple and found I was out of printer paper.

Bummer! But, I found that loose leaf paper worked just as well, plus it has the holes, so now I can put my collection in a 3 ring binder! Now I always print my crafts and recipes on loose leaf paper, cheap and handy!

Thanks for sharing a great idea!

By Sherry (Guest Post)

Hay that is one great idea, I am going to give it a try, it already has the holes, dah, why didn't I think of that. Thanks again.

WOW! I would never have thought of that. Great idea! THANKS

Such a good idea, thank you so much for sharing!

By Sherri (Guest Post)

Dear Carol,

Well, you little smarty pants! lol lol That is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time.

Thank you so much for sharing. Have a great summer.

I'm confused. What other kind of paper is there that you'd use in a printer? I've always used loose leaf paper I buy by the ream. I thought 3-hole punch paper is the kind already with holes and loose leaf from the ream has no holes.

Editor's Note: I believe she is using the ruled paper that you purchase for school use. You can also buy blank 3 hole punched paper by the ream but it would probably be more expensive.

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing

By Lynda (Guest Post)

And what kind of Printer do you have? Mine is older with feeder tray and sensors that are very sensitive to paper.

Hope I can get it to use lined paper. It's been without ink for a VERY long time, but still miraculously prints two to three sheets whenever I need them, praise God. : )

I think I'll start printing recipes that I save this way to keep in a 3-ring binder. It certainly will take less time than having to punch holes, is cheaper, and I always have it on hand. Thanks!

By dee (Guest Post)

I tried it and it worked great, I copy a lot of recipes, and this was great, all I had to do was put them in my notebook. I have 4 grand kids that live with me, and those suckers are alreadys having paper laying around going to waste.

By Geistjagerin (Guest Post)

I also figured out this trick a long time ago when I was out of printer paper, but I guess I did not notice that this is the cheaper way to go!

By jante from toronto (Guest Post)

thks so much for this tip....it is great

DAH!!is right...Being the"Nana"I'm expected to have all the answers and if my GK's can't find it"Hey,call Nana,she has everything" lol.I still have lots of lined,hole punched paper still in the wrappers from being on"sale".Not only is this clever but the savings is tremendous...

Keeper

By Me Again (Guest Post)

How do you get the lines to line up properly? I always end up with the text printing off-kilter.

Thx

I never thought to try this. I'm guessing you are referring to an Inkjet printer but it will be worth the price of the 'school' paper to see if it works in my Laser printer as well. Thank you!

What kind of printers are being used for.this? Laser? Ink jet?

Loose leaf paper usually has lines - how do you get the lines to line up? Also, be careful as the holes can jam your printer, and then penny wise and pound foolish.

I just bought a new Epson printer and it says, in bold letters, Do Not Use Paper With Holes. Anyone know why, before I try the looseleaf? Don't want to wreck my new printer!

Best idea I've heard in a long time! I have more 3-hole paper than I'll ever use. Even if I just use it for "drafts" in my printer, it will save buying printer paper and free up space where I keep the big stack of 3-hole paper.

Good one!

Have not tried the lined 3-hole paper but will give it a try. I often use "junk mail" paper to print a recipe to try or a pattern to save. Many time the letters are only printed on one side and the paper quality is usually very nice. Have to smooth out creases but it goes through the printer (ink jet) without problems.

In These Pages
Computers PrintersFebruary 29, 2008
🌻
🐛
👒
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62791925.tip.html