Uses for Super Glue

Super Glue
In addition to the typical gluing projects, Super Glue can be used for a number of other less obvious purposes. This is a guide about uses for Super Glue.

I have a fingernail that always splits in the same place. There seems to be a ridge in the nail. If I get busy and don't keep the nail filed and buffed, the nail splits all the way to the quick. I have tried acrylic nail gel for repair but this kept chipping off. I found that if I file the nail very short, and I brush some super glue on it the nail grows out very nicely. You could try any nail glue too as it has the same active ingredients.

I found a bottle of tinted super glue at my craft store. It goes on light purple and dries clear. Let it cure for at least an hour and file with a fine emery board on top of the nail then buff your nail to a shine. You may have to do this for a few days to build up the nail. I just use it on the area where it is split not the whole nail, then just keep your nail shaped as you like and in a couple of weeks, your nail will have healed with no more split.

Source: This is something I have done for a while. It is my own idea and I have tried several different products and nothing else has worked as well for me. Wish I could find out what causes the ridges in my nails but my doctor has no idea. I've also asked manicurists, and they don't seem to know either.

One of the original uses for Super Glue was to close wounds on the battlefield. While a cyanoacrylate is functional for this purpose, it should only be used in emergency situations as the glue can be a skin irritant. Neither the Super Glue or Crazy Glue companies recommend using their product for closing wounds.

Tube of super glue.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes