Getting Rid of Tiny Red Worms and Black Beetles in Sofa

Tiny red worms (1/16 inch) are in my sofa and along with them equally tiny black beetles, not biting either of them. Ugh. How do I get rid of them?

By Denise from New York, NY

I would burn this couch as soon as possible. Just sayin'..

Tiny clear, worm-like things are one stage of a flea's life called larva. They eat adult flea droppings, which turn their color to a redish or dark brown. To me, with the naked eye, they look much more worm-like, then larva-like. Do you have a flea problem? If not, they are probably the larva of the beetle, whatever it is. Better check bed-bugs, they seem to be rampant in parts of the country. It would be much better getting rid of the sofa than messing with bed-bugs. Good luck.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsApril 26, 2011
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet