Browsing: Keeping Spiders Out of Your House

Keeping Spiders Out Of Your Home

Tips to help you keep spiders out of your home. Post your ideas.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

No more spiders without using chemicals - "All spiders are good," sounds great until one is crawling on you! My philosophy is simple. If I see a spider in the house, it is going to die. Here is the ultimate weapon: Mice glue traps. You know, the cardboard, with the glue. When the mice walk on it, they get stuck. So do spiders! You can buy a 4-6 pack for about 2 dollars. Lay a trap in each corner (adjust for little kids and wandering pets), of the room where you will not accidentally step on it (bad news). You can also staple them (they are white and blend in) to ceilings and walls. You will not see any more spiders in your house, except the ones stuck on the glue traps! It is amazing how well it works! I even lay a few in attic, crawlspaces, and under cupboards. You will never freak out finding a spider again!

Remember where all the traps are, you do not want to accidentally get them stuck on you! And be advised; when you empty full traps that many of the spiders are still alive. Try it !

To keep down the spiders inside your home, spray down the outside of your house every two weeks with a good spray nozzle that has a small hole. Start at the top by the siding, do window frames, and don't forget the bottom of the siding at the basement edge underneath.

By Ardis Barnes

To keep the spiders down in the house, start by spraying the outside of the house every two weeks with your hose. Use the best spray nozzle you have. Spray every nook and cranny. You'll be surprised how many spider nests you didn't know were there.

By Ardis Ilene Barnes

This is a great tip, but I sometimes appreciate one or two spiders near or in my home as it assures me that "other bugs" are being elimated in the wonderful process of the food chain.

I hate hate hate spiders...this year seems to be extra bad. I blended up about 4 lemons - 1/4 pieces in blender the rest filled up with tap water and blended real good. Then I strained and put the juice into a sprayer from the $1 store, and sprayed all corners of my wall and and even out side on the windows. I would rather have bee's than spiders.. :8) I also cut then slices of lemon and put them in the air vent (Spiders hate lemon). If you have pledge lemon do your wood work with it and vacuum the corners of your walls every other day. I went from seeing 15 a day to maybe 1-2 a week so it does work. Also making sure your bushes are not too close to your house is major.

I live in northern CA and we have lots of spiders and also recluses. I have used orange oil with good effect but you have to keep spraying it, especially outside. There are commercial brands which are purely orange oil. However I have some hiding near the computer and I don't want to spray oil on it. I will try orange oil on cotton balls and maybe the chestnut oil someone suggested. We have lavender growing at work. Think I'll bring some home.

I have peppermint oil also Deters mice as I read it burns their nostrils.. the lady below said the oil gets rid of spiders...

the lady below says Peppermint oil for the spiders .did not try it myself but on another problem.Mice..yuk....I have noticed that I hardly ever have mice..I used the cotton balls with peppermint oil to repel the mice..seems to help there Was one this morning But I need to put more oil on the Cotton balls I have in the room where they came in so it makes sense after awhile YOU DO NEED to add more oil to the cotton balls!!..this was One mouse in a Long time..

Huntsman spider against a white window frame
Keeping Spiders Out of Your House
Home and Garden Pest Control SpidersMay 25, 2005
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
A spider trapped under a drinking glass.
Getting Rid of Spiders
Spider Hanging on web Outside
Getting Rid Of Spiders Outside House
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 7:52:39 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.