White Pie

This is an unusual pie recipe that was given to my Mother years ago and I still make it. It is always enjoyed and loved by everyone! It is easy to make because most of the items are readily available.

• 1/2 cup cake flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 tsp. oleo (butter or margarine)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2 egg whites
  • whipped cream (we use cool whip)
  • chopped nut or almonds to sprinkle on top of whipped cream

Mix flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Add milk, oleo, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and salt. Cook until thick. Cool. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Fold into cooled mixture. Pour into baked crust. Chill. Top with whipped topping and chopped nuts.

Make chocolate pie by adding 2 Tbsp. cocoa to sugar and flour.

Servings: 8
Time:25 Minutes Preparation Time
8 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: This recipe came from my minister's wife years ago when I was young. It was given to my mother and our whole family has went by the recipe for years. I made it for my children when they were young and still at home. Since that time, I have read online about the recipe originating from a small restaurant in southern Illinois called Burton's Cafe. I am not sure where it originates from, but it sure is good! For those of you who are not familiar or are too young for the term (haha),"oleo" is just butter or margarine. I hope many of you will try it. It's a great recipe and very cost cutting to make.

By Kathy from Mt. Vernon, IL

I couldn't copy that fast enough. Thank you so much. I had one like this years ago but lost it.

Around the Holidays, I add cranberry sauce to the filling. It makes a great Holiday pie.

September 15, 2009 Flag

About 10 or so years ago Mr Food had a recipe for a white pie. Mostly egg whites, I believe, but it was so good that we called it Angel Food. I have lost the recipe. It is not on his site and can't find it by searching. Anyone know what this pie is? Anyone have a recipe for something similar?

Graycrab from Monticello, MN

Recipe for White Pie

I am not sure on the recipe but why couldn't you write to him and see if he will send you the recipe (01/09/2008)

By cindy34

Recipe for White Pie

Does this help? (01/11/2008)

By ImTrish

Recipe for White Pie

At a site called all recipes I found a recipe for a Christmas white pie.

http://www.recipezaar.com/72197http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/White-Christmas-Pie/Detail.aspx (01/11/2008)

By Tina

Recipe for White Pie

Thanks to both of you. I did write to Mr Foods and waiting to see if I get an answer. The White pie recipe is not the same as it was baked in the crust which was Mr Foods "My Own Pie Crust". I am going to try it though as it does sounds good.

Pie crust recipe is still on his site on his site and it is very good, very easy one as it is pat in the pan that taste somewhat like a flaky shortbread. I use the pie crust for most every kind of pie I make in place of graham cracker.
Thanks again. (01/11/2008)

By lavonneann

Recipe for White Pie

In a saucepan cook flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt,egg whites and milk until bubbling, stirring constantly; continue to cook and stir another 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and add butter, white vanilla and almond extract, stir.

P>Lay plastic wrap on pudding surface and allow to cool; pour into cool pie shell and chill, again covering surface with plastic wrap.

When ready to serve, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with ground almonds.

By dwmoar

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts PiesSeptember 15, 2009
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling