Clothespin Bag from Tea Towel

I've been living frugually most of my life and loving it. Always trying to find ways of saving money. My clothes pin bag was worn out and I found a free sewing pattern on a website.

I bought a tea towel for $1.00 at an estate sale. What is needed to complete the project is a wooden hanger. I had one hanging in my closet so I asked my husband to cut the ends to shorten it for the clothes pin bag.

By Marge from NY

I once made a clothespin bag from a childrens blouse I bought from a garage sale that had some sticker residue that I could not get off. I sewed the bottom of the blouse and hung it on hanger.

Hi I had a clothespin bag that the hangar had broken in, so I took one of those skirt hangars with the 2 clips on it and clipped it on the outside of the bag. Works perfect and should last forever.

One more tip. I took a kitchen towel and sewed it up length wise. Put elastic around the top and bottom. I made a loop of rick rack at the top to hang it up with. I put plastic grocery bags into the top, And when I want one, I pull it from the bottom. This works so well, and takes up a small amount space. kddid

My friend told me that she made a clothespin bag out a little girl's dress. Sew the bottom hem closed, put the dress on a hanger and fill with clothespins.

Marge from NY

Making a Clothespin Bag
Making a Clothespin Bag
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherSeptember 20, 2007
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
clothespin cookie
Lady Lock or Clothespin Bar Cookie Recipes