Cat Pooping in House Plants

How do you stop cats from pooping in houseplants?

By Quana from Dayton, OH

Cover the top of each planter with aluminum foil forming it loosely around the plant itself.

There are a lot of really good ideas in the ThriftyFun archives below comments here. :-)

Just put orange peels in top of the soil. Cats hate the smell of any kind of citrus. I used this tip outside in my flower beds. No more cats using my beds as litter boxes. Hope this helps. ~Janette~

Also, change your cat litter. The cat seems to prefer the texture and smell of the earth over the texture and smell of your present litter. Try different litters until you find one the cat will use. I am a foster parent for a no-kill cat shelter, and presently have 9 cats. I have 10 litter boxes and 3 different kinds of litter. Some cats use the clumping, some will use only the non clumping clay litter and 2 cats will only use the recycled newsprint litter! None of them like the "super absorbent silicone" litter! Good luck. You may just have to use potting soil in your litter box!

A cat in a house plant.
Keeping Cats Out of House Plants
Pets AdviceOctober 14, 2010
Cat on Bed
Cat Pooping on Bed
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄