Buying Comfortable Denture Liners

What do others do to line their dentures themselves other than the thin paper liners? I need more than that. I've heard of a two part mixture that football coaches use to fix teeth guards for their players works, but cannot find it. My brother-in-law used to buy it at a drug store, but they no longer carry it. Any ideas?

I don't want to put the money a dentist would charge into the dentures I have now to line them because they are temporaries. I cannot get permanent dentures until fall because I had to have bone removed from my jaw. Any help will be appreciated greatly, I am really getting tired of eating soft food. Thanks.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Have you tried the SeaBond liners. I don't think they are real thin. You could also try some of the denture pastes or whatever they are called. My daughter got dentures several years ago, and the dental surgeon corrected an overbite that I never knew she had and she didn't have temporary dentures, she got her regular ones right away. Several months later she did have to have them relined.

Back in 1983 I got dentures and some of my teeth had to be cut out(not be a dental surgeon). I waited six weeks to get my dentures and have had no problems. The only thing I can't eat without my dentures raw veggies, and I can't bite into apples or corn on the cob, but they are minor things. I can eat popcorn and anything else. I could eat those items during the six week period that I was without teeth too. I have never used liners or denture paste. I did try the Sea Bond liners because I had heard you could eat corn on the cob, etc. with them, but I didn't like the taste of them.

Thanks for your note, the Seabond liners are paper thin and I need more than that. I do use Fixadent Original Formula, if I didn't they wouldn't stay in at all my gums have shrunk so much. Again thanks.

Since the temporary dentures are new, your dentist may refit them for free. Just call to check; it would save you lots of time and trouble, not to mention some expense.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 10, 2010
A denture tablet submerged in water.
Storing Denture Tablets
sewing
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Denture Cleaner
Denture Cleaner Recipes
Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets
🎄