Cuddles (Basset Hound)

Cuddles will be 12 this coming December 21st. She is a pure breed lovable, bossy Basset Hound. My child had always wanted one of this type of dog. So as a February 14th surprise we drove about fifty miles down to MS. I didn't tell my ten-year-old daughter why we were going. When we got there the seller had the ten week old in a basket with red valentine ribbons.

She likes to smell and sleep. She knows when I am opening the fridge just for a soda or if I have opened the pantry to start any meal. Time to eat and she's under my feet. So sweet and old I just step over her.

When she goes for her daily walk we walk her slow, at her own pace and let her smell, smell and smell. Also, she has always been stubborn and been the 'bitch' of the other dogs and mostly the whole house.l

By Judy

Judy. She is just adorable. My neighbor has a basset named John Henry and he is just the best ever! He loves everyone. We have a Corgi named Tucker and John thinks he is his older brother, but, John is the boss. We love him dearly.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I am a Basset lover too, have had 4 of them and loved them dearly. And you are right -- stubborn doesn't begin to describe a Basset. We got ours flown in from a cousin in Texas who is on the board of AKC, and raises Bassets and shows them. She recently came for a visit to SC, with 3 Bassets in tow. I got them down and wallowed and played and sniffled them. Had not smelled a Basset since my last one died. It was fun! We now have a 1/2 Lab, 1/2 St Bernard, that is the smartest, sweetest, most laid back dog I ever encountered. I wish there was a breed like that! I love my Big old 100 lb lap dog, Barli!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

She is by far the cutest thing I have ever seen! Her little paws. :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Oh my gosh! This is just about the cutest dog i have ever seen. I've been wanting to get a Bassett hound for years but my hubby just won't let me. I'm glad that there are other 'thrifty' women out there livin' the dream! :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Basset Hound
Basset Hound Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 15, 2010
Ibizan Hound
Ibizan Hound Breed Information and Photos
closeup of Afghan Hound
Afghan Hound Breed Information and Photos
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
An adult basset hound on a white background.
Feeding an Adult Basset Hound
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 5:42:36 PM on 10.0.1.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.