Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

How To Get Your Hair To Grow Faster?

I want to grow my hair. What can I do?

Jasmine

By boomboo2k810/14/2013

http://whatmakeshairgrowfaster.org

Hello I know this is an old post but I found thise site useful to the question you have.

By Misty109/01/2011

My hair has been shrinking? I'm not sure what's going on but I think its due to a lot of stress over the past year.. I've lost a good five inches (not exaggerating). I've taken hair skin and nails vitamins from GNC, Doo Gro hot oil treatments for growth,mane and tail shampoo, the redken line for growing, Biotin shampoo and conditioner from GNC, haircuts and the list goes on and on.

I heard about a product called Mira and I wondered if anyone else has heard of it or has used it? I guess the women in the middle east use it and it is supposed to make your hair grow 4 inches a month guaranteed? Just wondering if anyone has any feedback before I spend $80 on it?

By Jazmyne06/28/2011

Put Parnevu T-tree Growth Creme in your hair. Put a generous amount in your hair daily down to the entire scalp. Massage into scalp for 1 to 2 minutes, brush or style as usual. Massaging into hair from root to end. Reapply to dry damaged hair and scalp as needed excellent for natural, relaxed, pressed, curled or colored treated hair. It can be used before drying or setting hair.

By Lena [4]11/23/2009

Yes, I use horse shampoo, and I love it! Me and my friends simply brush our hair with boar bristle, shampoo once a week with non- silicone and alcohol (with conditioner too) massage our scalps (massaging scalp increases blood flow to hair roots) in the shower using not very hot water and applying lotion to skin after shower (really hot water is damaging) and treat our bodies fairly embracing what we are without fake nails (an old friend in high school lost a finger nail to them buggers') hair extensions, straightening, and chemicals.

By Bella S. (Guest Post)02/02/2009

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Hair-Grow-Faster
I haven't tried it yer but it gives great tips, so I'm pretty sure it will work, and it suggest some supplements you can take, that may help you grow hair faster.

Be sure to drink a lot of water!

Good Luck! Bella Swan :)

By Jeannie (Guest Post)01/30/2009

Drink lots of water, stay away from caffine and alcohol, eat healthy, take a multi-vitamin, and exercise daily. Most americans are walking around dehydrated. Caffine and alcohol are diruretics, which causes your body to lose water, so if you consume them you should drink more then 8 - 8 ounce glasses a day. If you are not drinking enough water then your skin and hair are the first to suffer because the water you are drinking is going to go to your more vital organs. So drink more water. I have have seen a change in my hair and complection since I have stopped drinking pop. My hair is growing faster and is more bouncy. My skin is also looking more fresh and rosey.

By TiffanyBVA (Guest Post)01/16/2009

I have great results with Wild Growth Oil. It works fast seriously! Organic Root products such as the Shampoos, Conditioner, etc. works great also with Biotin pills is a must have!

By aleks<33 (Guest Post)01/04/2009

Put your hair in a TIGHT braid or French briad. Many Mexicans do that and BELIEVE me it works! Make sure it's TIGHT though.

By Anonymous [848]12/29/2008

For guest post from Kasey regarding hair loss due to thyroid:

http://www.hairlaserremoval.co.uk/hair-loss-stop-thyroid.htm

There is a lot of general info there and links within the site which are more detailed ...

Hope this helps ...

By Kasey (Guest Post)12/29/2008

Anyone have any advice for those who have had their thyroids removed? Ever since(July'08)my hair has been dry, brittle and breaking off.I'm also African American but have Native American, Irish and German blood too! (lol)I wash my hair everyday or atleast every other day. I'm going to get some Mane and Tail and some Horsetail today. I hope that will work.

By NO (Guest Post)12/27/2008

Wrap hair with a satin cap when going to sleep. Brush your hair with a boar bristle brush to release natural oils in your hair, also massages scalp to stimulate growth. Wash hair with baking soda and condition with a light natural oil (Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Castor oil etc). Don't stress over your hair (a watch pot never boils).

By NO

By jasmine (Guest Post)12/21/2008

When taking a shower use conditioner first before shampooing and rinse with cold water it helps to keep hair shiny. Eat lots of protein like fish, eggs, and beans.

By Anonymous [848]12/12/2008

It is an old wives tale about 'any' remedies (posts listed previously) that will make your hair grow faster :-( I was a hairstylist for thirty years and both my parents were hairstylists who owned salons and schools for the thirty years before that.

Hair growth is biological and only illness or how you treat your hair day to day affects your hair. All human scalp hair generally grows only one half inch a month. There is simply no way to speed up it's growth.

The best thing you can do is treat your hair kindly by treating it kindly. What I mean is don't over process with chemicals or treat it harshly when combing, brushing, blow drying, iron curling/straightening and have a regular 'trim' every couple of months and especially if you are prone to 'split ends'.

Eat wisely, exercise and be good to your body in general :-)

There simply are no miracles when it comes to hair or even finger nail growth.

By Sarah Ann (Guest Post)12/12/2008

I have RA and my hair is thin and usually does not grow fast, as my nails. I started taking Vitamin B, Biotin , Folic Acid and Vitamin D and within a few months, I noticed a big difference in my hair growth. In one of my forums, there was a big discussion on how much others noticed a difference in their nails and hair on the Vitamin D.

By Shannon (Guest Post)12/11/2008

I used to use Tail and Mane Shampoo. I think it is for horses, but it really works.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How To Get Your Hair To Grow Faster?

I have really short hair and I want it to grow faster. Can anyone give me homemade tips of what to do?

the_new_punk

Advice For Taking Care Of Your Scalp And Hair

Your hair will only grow as fast as it's follicles can carry out their natural function. There probably are no "magic bullets" to increasing the speed of hair growth, although you can purchase shampoos and conditioners that claim they will make hair grow faster. The best thing you can do is provide a healthy scalp environment, both internally and externally by eating sufficient protein, plenty of vegetables and fruits, drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep and take B vitamin supplements. Keep hair and scalp clean and treat hair gently. A scalp massage every few days may also help by improving circulation. I'm not a hair dresser but common sense tells me this is the best approach. Don't expect to see results immediately. This will take at least 3-4 months.

By Seagrape

Gelatin

I am a hairdresser and I totally agree with the above poster. Additionally, you may try to consume gelatin or gelatin capsules. They are high in protein and will help assist in strengthening your hair as is grows out, resulting in less breakage. Also the normal hair growth pattern in adult humans is 1/4 to 1/2 inch a month. I hope this helps.

Supplements

MSM pills or "Hair, Skin and Nails" pills by Andrew Lessman from www.hsn.com.

By cookwie

Prenatal Vitamins

Prenatal vitamins, they really made my hair grow and I just generally felt better all over, so after I had kids I just kept on taking them and my hair is past my waist now (20 years later).

By Pammy

The prenatal thing works out just fine. I'd say take the prenatal pills as a daily supplement and eat full course meals, then watch the difference.

By Amber

Prenatal pills has helped my hair grow. It was really short, now it is growing since I've been pregnant.

By Pheren Robbins

Okay, here's the deal. Prenatal vitamins are great for growing out hair and nails. it doesn't work with everyone, but it does with most people. Do not expect any overnight results. Hair grows naturally at 1/2 an inch a month, any type of prenatal vitamins will increase that by almost half an inch a month. You do not need a "brand name" prenatal vitamin, just because it costs more does not always mean the product will work better. Generic brands are just as good as any. Good luck!

By emily

Expect No More Than 1/2 Inch Per Month

Human hair grows at the rate of about 1/2 inch per month. That's it. Do try to stay healthy, exercise and eat the right foods. That will help keep hair healthy looking, but nothing will make it grow any faster than your body intends it to. To give your hair a longer look, go for sleek, straight styles. Curling it makes it look shorter. When growing out my hair, I set a personal goal to pass the time. For instance, in 6 months I will have accomplished (fill in the blank). Then you put your mind to your goal and somehow, psychologically, your hair seems to have grown in no time!

By

Ponytail

This might sound weird, but a while ago someone told me that tying your hair in a ponytail overnight makes it grow faster. Something about it pulling from the roots. Anyways, I tried it, and about a month later my hair had grown quite a bit.

By RP57

Heat Makes Hair Grow

I said something to my hairdresser recently about my hair growing faster in the summer months rather than the winter months. She replied, "Yes, it does, the hotter a person is, the faster their hair grows. So living here in the desert, your hair will grow faster in the summer." Plus, I'm really hot natured. I can sweat when others aren't sweating.

By badwater

There Is No Such Thing As A Protein Pill

By the way, if anyone tells you to take a protein pill, they don't know what they are talking about. They don't make protein pills. Protein is thick and dense, it wouldn't fit into a small pill, not enough to do anything anyways. My friend and I have been taking 2 vitamin E tablets a day and our hair, especially our nails, has shown a difference in growth rate and health. I know everyone says there is nothing you can do to make your hair grow faster, but a lot of people's hair is growing slower than it should. So with the right vitamins and such, hair will start growing at the rate it is supposed to, which will be much faster than it was before. Tadaaaaaaaa!

By Ginne