Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

I have stared using large coffee cream containers to store rice and other things. The opening makes it easier to pour into measuring cup.

By Teresa from Dickinson, TX

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By kwilcox [1]02/03/2010

I use the large creamer containers for storing homemade chicken stock in the freezer. They are just the right size!

Here are questions related to Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers.

Question: Crafts Using Coffee-Mate Containers

Does anyone have craft ideas for the larger Coffee-Mate containers with the powder creamer? It seems a waste to get rid of them.

By Michelle

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi [391]01/06/2013

They are great for food. I keep rice in one and the little spout is great for measuring out smaller amounts. They are also good for syrup and other liquids. They can also be great for taking soup to work, as the spout again is nice for pouring into a mug. Get the shaker kind of pancake mix and use this to make perfect pancakes.

You can also use them for string or cord in the shop, small items in the craft room (labeled of course), and for keeping change or dog treats in the car.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I have a lot of those very large plastic creamer containers that hold powdered creamer for coffee. I hate throwing them away and I've got one that I keep my sugar in. It has the pour spout and makes pouring the sugar an easier job. What else can you do with these containers? I can't think of any other ideas, but I'm sure you creative folks out there can. Thanks!

Lynn from Colbert, GA.

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

You could make a cute birdhouse with them. Even paint them. (06/24/2008)

By bluealt

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I remove the label and use craft glue to glue polyfill on them. and decorate to look like snowman. Black felt cut in circles for eyes and buttons orange felt for carrot nose and black felt for thhat. theyre really cute. (06/24/2008)

By CeCe

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I am not familiar with these coffee creamer containers but whether they are plastic or metal, you can decorate and punch a hole in them and hang on a peg board and use such as holding pencils, pens, paint brushes, etc. Hope this helps (06/26/2008)

By myantoo

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

How about using them to store arts and craft items that are small, with the great pouring spout. You will never spill anything, or use in gardening. Just pour those seeds into the ground as many as you like without spilling and then seal the container up again. :) (01/17/2009)

By Karen

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

For Powdered Creamer Containers: Remove label, wash container and lid (will go in dishwasher), use for nails, screws, etc. Either tape a sample to the outside, or make a label with a description of the item and tape to the outside (or do both). Safer than glass canning or baby food jars.

For Liquid Creamer Containers:Remove label, wash container and lid (will go in dishwasher), and use for tap or filtered water. Beats buying bottled water. (03/15/2009)

By phred

Archive: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

I take coffee-mate containers, the ones that are found in the dairy case, and use them for sugar dispensers. You can cut and peel the outside plastic off. You could use these for other dry ingredients as well.

By Janett48 from Stamps, AR

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I also use them for my laundry detergent, generic oxyclean and fabric softener. I hate lifting those heavy liquid detergent bottles. I posted this idea on thriftyfun a while ago. (05/13/2009)

By MCW

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

RE: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

Ha ha on me, I wanted to see what everybody came up with. the first picture showed me I need to take a break. I thought you meant those you get from restaurants What a dope, but when I went looking for a pics.of what I meant. I found this site. She has way to much time on her hands (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266969.0%3Ball) A coffee creamer cozy (05/16/2009)

By bridget not gidget

RE: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

RE: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

How about refilling them with homemade creamer for less than you pay for store bought?
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 2-3 cups of milk
  • 2 tsp. of your favorite flavoring extract
Or even better yet, make your own sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup powder milk
(05/17/2009)

By SusLuvsVintage

RE: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

I use the Coffeemate ones (with the pour spout that flips open) to keep cooking oil handy near the stove. Much easier to use than the screw-off capped bottles the oil comes in originally. Easier to control the amount, too. Also great for keeping paint handy for touch-up projects without pouring out a big pan full and risking it drying out and getting wasted. If you use a sponge-type paint applicator, you can squirt paint directly onto the sponge! (07/12/2009)

By `republichik

RE: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

I have a big dog who will sneak into the kitchen garbage can if any kind of leftover bones are in there. Not a good thing. We used to have to be extremely diligent and take any bones--most especially chicken, which can splinter easily and do the most intestinal tract damage, to the outside trash immediately at dinner cleanup until we started using empty creamer containers for this purpose.

I just stuff them into the container, screw the lid back on and throw it in the kitchen can--and the dog doesn't bother with them. I'm not running to toss out half-full trash bags any more.

These containers are also great for discarding leftover cooking oil or the gunk that gathers in the sink drain strainer ( without having to sprint across the kitchen to dump it there--usually a wet, sloppy mess). (01/11/2010)

By PupperMom