Uses for Stale Coffee

Stale Coffee Beans
Coffee, like any other food product can go stale. What do you do with it? This is a guide about uses for stale coffee.

I acquired a huge can of stale ground coffee from my workplace (Kirkland brand) and am wondering what I can do with it besides the usual recycled tips I've found online (ie. garden, compost...) My boss says the can has been there for about 2 years and only been used once.

What I'd like to do is perhaps brew the grounds (maybe adding salt or cinnamon?) but am wondering if anyone has any crafts or other recipes I can use for this. It's almost 3 lbs of it so I'd hate for it to go to waste! I also acquired free packages of Decaf coffee, but those are sealed to make one pot and will give those to the food bank. Thank you!

Lisa from Halifax, NS

Answers

Best Answer

You could use to stale coffee for decorating, put some of the coffee in a decorative container and then put a pillar candle in it and as the candle melts it will heat the coffee and it will allow the room to smell of the aroma of coffee.

http://www.howc  ee-Grounds?rev=1

This link gives a list of uses for stale coffee.

Add some to melted pour-and-melt soap and then mold the soap, add a little cinnamon, too. The coffee will exfoliate when you use it and also will mask funky odors on your hands (like onion/fish). I added about 2 tablespoons coffee and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to about 4 ounces of melted soap then molded it. I'm thinking about doing more for Christmas.

How stale is it actually? I would try to brew some and/or mix 1/2 and 1/2 with some new coffee to see if it can be used! I bet that the coffee underneath the top layer will still have some life in it for brewing....and maybe even the top layer if the container was closed!