Uses for Stale Coffee

Coffee, like any other food product can go stale. What do you do with it? This is a guide about uses for stale coffee.

Stale Coffee Beans

I acquired a huge can of stale ground coffee from my workplace (Kirkland brand) and am wondering what I can do with it besides the usual recycled tips I've found online (ie. garden, compost...) My boss says the can has been there for about 2 years and only been used once.

What I'd like to do is perhaps brew the grounds (maybe adding salt or cinnamon?) but am wondering if anyone has any crafts or other recipes I can use for this. It's almost 3 lbs of it so I'd hate for it to go to waste! I also acquired free packages of Decaf coffee, but those are sealed to make one pot and will give those to the food bank. Thank you!

Lisa from Halifax, NS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If it's all stale and smells musty, it's no good to use. It was taste as bad as it smells. (Been there and done that!) If it smells okay, but is slightly past the expiration date, try using it.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 6, 2014
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Stale Bread
Freshening Stale Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 2:21:54 PM on 10.0.0.115 in 325 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.