Browsing: Uses for Stale Coffee

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Stale Coffee

Coffee, like any other food product can go stale. What do you do with it? This is a guide about uses for stale coffee.

Stale Coffee Beans

December 10, 2008 Flag

I acquired a huge can of stale ground coffee from my workplace (Kirkland brand) and am wondering what I can do with it besides the usual recycled tips I've found online (ie. garden, compost...) My boss says the can has been there for about 2 years and only been used once.

What I'd like to do is perhaps brew the grounds (maybe adding salt or cinnamon?) but am wondering if anyone has any crafts or other recipes I can use for this. It's almost 3 lbs of it so I'd hate for it to go to waste! I also acquired free packages of Decaf coffee, but those are sealed to make one pot and will give those to the food bank. Thank you!

Lisa from Halifax, NS

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could pour a little in the bottom of a knee-high, tie it off and put it in your vaccuum cleaner bag if your vaccuum uses bags. It smells nice when you vaccuum. I use herbal tea bags that I didn't care for like this.

I certainly would try a pot of it and see how stale it really tastes. Isn't going to waste much time, money or effort to try. Also, by mixing it with fresher coffee it may be fine. I keep my coffee in the fridge once it is opened, which "experts" don't recommend, but it is just fine!

Give it to me! I am not kidding. I'll brew it and drink it. For some reason, I can't tell the differnce between what you call a 'fresh pot' coffee and one that was left cold in the pot for a day or two. I have been a tea-drinker (with adder sugar and cream) all my life. I am told not forgo adding sugar--so I am using coffee--black, fresh or old, it's all the same to me but it's better than sugarless tea.

If it's all stale and smells musty, it's no good to use. It was taste as bad as it smells. (Been there and done that!) If it smells okay, but is slightly past the expiration date, try using it.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 6, 2014
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Stale Bread
Freshening Stale Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 2:25:18 PM on 10.0.1.45 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.