Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses for Stale Coffee

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Stale Coffee Beans

Coffee, like any other food product can go stale. What do you do with it? This is a guide about uses for stale coffee.

Here are questions related to Uses for Stale Coffee.

Question: Using Stale Coffee

I acquired a huge can of stale ground coffee from my workplace (Kirkland brand) and am wondering what I can do with it besides the usual recycled tips I've found online (ie. garden, compost...) My boss says the can has been there for about 2 years and only been used once.

What I'd like to do is perhaps brew the grounds (maybe adding salt or cinnamon?) but am wondering if anyone has any crafts or other recipes I can use for this. It's almost 3 lbs of it so I'd hate for it to go to waste! I also acquired free packages of Decaf coffee, but those are sealed to make one pot and will give those to the food bank. Thank you!

Lisa from Halifax, NS

Most Recent Answer

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD (Guest Post)12/28/2008

If it's all stale and smells musty, it's no good to use. It was taste as bad as it smells. (Been there and done that!) If it smells okay, but is slightly past the expiration date, try using it.

Solutions: Uses for Stale Coffee

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!