How to Refresh Stale Chips and Crackers

Category Food Fixes
A short time in the microwave can help make stale chips taste better. This is a page about how to refresh stale chips and crackers.

My family and I went on a food lover's road trip and stopped by different restaurants to pick up some of our favourite freshly-made snacks. After a couple days, the tortilla chips (which are my absolute weakness) had gone stale. I was sad because I wanted my father to have them.

I was serving them with lunch and didn't have time to lay them out in the oven so I placed them in a single layer on a paper towel in the microwave and nuked them on high for 30 seconds. They tasted just like when they were made at the restaurant! I was so pleased. Give this a try for your stale chips!

Rescue stale or soggy chips and crackers by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F, spreading the chips or crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes. Allow cooling, then seal in a plastic bag or container.

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

Microwave a plateful of stale chips, crackers, cereals or other snacks in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Then let it stand for 1 minute to crisp them back up!

Refresh stale potato chips by putting a plateful in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute to crisp.

By Gary from NJ

Refresh stale potato chips, crackers or other snacks of such type by putting a plateful in the microwave oven for about 30-45 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute to crisp. Cereals can also be crisped.

By Robin

Answers:

Refresh Stale Food - Crisping Chips and Cereals

I just crisped a 1/3 bag of Tortilla Chip "scoops" in the oven at 250 degrees F for 14 minutes. In single layer on a cookie sheet. Perfect! They were over a year old. (03/01/2006)

By HeleneM

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 14, 2017
🌻
🎃