How to Refresh Stale Chips and Crackers

My family and I went on a food lover's road trip and stopped by different restaurants to pick up some of our favourite freshly-made snacks. After a couple days, the tortilla chips (which are my absolute weakness) had gone stale. I was sad because I wanted my father to have them.

I was serving them with lunch and didn't have time to lay them out in the oven so I placed them in a single layer on a paper towel in the microwave and nuked them on high for 30 seconds. They tasted just like when they were made at the restaurant! I was so pleased. Give this a try for your stale chips!

4 More Solutions

Rescue stale or soggy chips and crackers by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F, spreading the chips or crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes.

Microwave a plateful of stale chips, crackers, cereals or other snacks in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Then let it stand for 1 minute to crisp them back up!

A plate of crackers in the microwave becoming crispy.

Refresh stale potato chips by putting a plateful in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute to crisp.

Refresh stale potato chips, crackers or other snacks of such type by putting a plateful in the microwave oven for about 30-45 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute to crisp. By Robin

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 14, 2017
😷
🎂
🎃
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Refresh-Stale-Chips-and-Crackers.html