Parvo after Vaccinations?

I have 3 dogs. One had became very ill. He did not want to eat or drink and was vomiting. I was sure it was parvo. Then he became 100% better. He's gained his weight back and is eating and drinking. Back to his normal self. Then a couple days later my other dog became ill as well. Same symptoms difference is he died today. Now my third dog is ill they have been vaccinated and everything. Can anyone help me and tell me what it could be. Also another question. If your dog has parvo can he be ill one day then get better and not still be carrying the virus. Please help.

Christina from Texas

Editor's Note: Because they have had their vaccinations, it may not be parvo, it also could be. I also could be some type of poisoning. Best check with their vet.

Christina,

It is possible for a dog to be infected with the parvo virus but not to show any symptoms - it can act as a carrier.

As the Editor's comment says, it may or may not be parvo, so you should definitely see your vet about this.

However, we have found that a product called Vibactra Plus is really useful to have on hand as an all-purpose antibiotic in case any of your dogs are sick. You can read about how we used this product on one of our dogs at http://www.parvobuster.com/vibactra-plus-testimonials.php

I hope this helps.

Have you checked the pet food recall list to make sure you are not feeding them anything from there?? I had a dog who had parvo and once they get sick, they are sick. It's not and on and off thing. She recovered happily.

I am just so sorry to hear about what you are going through.

Yes, my dog died of Parvo after he had been injected. He was ill and then got better but died suddenly two weeks later. The vet confirmed it was Parvo.

But of course, check with your vet.

Take Care,

Leah

in the past i had two puppies who died from parvo, it's been five months and last week i got two new pups, they are 8 weeks and have been vaccinated, i clean with bleach and all, but do you think they will catch it still?

May 20, 2012 Flag

A tree removal company came by with a dog to my house. I asked them if the dog was up to date on shots and if it was or wasn't aggressive since I have an 11 year old Dachshund that is lonely after losing his sister last year. The man said that his dog had shots and does not bite. My dog was interested in visiting with the dog that they brought.

I was petting the dog and my dog walked up and it happened so fast I couldn't stop it, but that guy's dog bit my dog. The wound healed, but since then my dog has not wanted to eat or drink anything. He doesn't want to go to the restroom. He got a flesh eating rash and doesn't want to do anything. He is just laying around. I called my vet and he gave me instructions. My dog was vaccinated on August the 28th, 2011 so he is up to date on his shots. He finally went to the restroom, ate, and drank today, however I noticed his stool has slimy yellow-brown diarrhea. I am so pissed off. I am worried that this guy's dog gave my dog parvo even though my dog really is vaccinated. Is is possible this dog gave my dog a disease? I am taking him to the vet when they open on Monday.

By Karen M

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think it is very unlikely at his age that he could come down with Parvo. He may have gotten an infection from the bite however. I would be sure an see the Vet asap. I would also report the incident to the tree company that visited your home. People shouldn't be taking their dogs to work, especially if they are not friendly. Too much room for lawsuits etc. Your dog is so cute. I hope he feels better soon.

Besides taking your dog to the vet, I would contact your Tree Service company and have they inform the person that brought this dog to your home that your dog has had a reaction to his dogs bite. Advise him that the proper thing to do would be for him (or the Tree Service company) to pay for your vet expenses.

Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
🎄