Use a Towel for a Makeshift Bib

When you need to protect your clothing while eating, use a towel with binder clips as a "bib".

Tie the ends of a lightweight cord or yarn, long enough to go around your neck plus a bit more, to two binder clips.

Using a small towel or something of that nature, attach the binder clips to two corners and you have a quick "bib" for whenever you are eating something messy. Detach when done, wash the "bib" and either take apart the "bib" holder or put away for another time.

I would use this for an older child. I don't know if it would be safe for a baby or toddler because of the metal clips.

By Mkymlp from NE PA

Reminds me of childhood and my parents simply sticking a corner of a towel or napkin in my shirt collar and spreading the rest out on my chest ;-)

I was never allowed to dine without a paper napkin stuffed in my collar and spread out over my shirt.

I could definitely use something like this, lol! Hubby tends to do the "towel-tucked-in-collar" thing with a paper towel.

Actually, this tip would work for anyone of any age who tends to be a messy eater.

I always have my boys tuck a large paper napkin in their shirt collar while dining. I learned this trick when I was in ROTC as this was required by our instructor in order to keep our iniforms spotless. This is the best way to keep shirts stain free. I can see where using a set of metal dental clips to attach the napkin would clearly provide extra coverage while assuring that the paper napkin stays in place.

In These Guides
Man With Fresh Stain on Shirt
Preventing Stains on Clothing
Baby with a homemade bib on.
Making a Baby Bib
Parenting Toddler and PreschoolerApril 13, 2010
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Folded Towel Cat
Folded Towel Cat
Bathtub full of water.
Makeshift Bathtub and Sink Stopper Ideas
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 4:05:21 AM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.