Use a Towel for a Makeshift Bib

When you need to protect your clothing while eating, use a towel with binder clips as a "bib".

Tie the ends of a lightweight cord or yarn, long enough to go around your neck plus a bit more, to two binder clips.

Using a small towel or something of that nature, attach the binder clips to two corners and you have a quick "bib" for whenever you are eating something messy. Detach when done, wash the "bib" and either take apart the "bib" holder or put away for another time.

I would use this for an older child. I don't know if it would be safe for a baby or toddler because of the metal clips.

By Mkymlp from NE PA

Reminds me of childhood and my parents simply sticking a corner of a towel or napkin in my shirt collar and spreading the rest out on my chest ;-)

I could definitely use something like this, lol! Hubby tends to do the "towel-tucked-in-collar" thing with a paper towel.

Actually, this tip would work for anyone of any age who tends to be a messy eater.

I always have my boys tuck a large paper napkin in their shirt collar while dining. I learned this trick when I was in ROTC as this was required by our instructor in order to keep our iniforms spotless. This is the best way to keep shirts stain free. I can see where using a set of metal dental clips to attach the napkin would clearly provide extra coverage while assuring that the paper napkin stays in place.

Baby with a homemade bib on.
Making a Baby Bib
Parenting Toddler and PreschoolerApril 13, 2010
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Man With Fresh Stain on Shirt
Preventing Stains on Clothing
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
🎉
🎄