Keeping Fried Chicken Crisp

Please tell me how to keep fried chicken crisp. When I take fried chicken to work for lunch in my tupperware bowl and lid it gets real soft. I hate soft fried chicken. Any suggestions?

Onesummer from GA

Don't put the lid on your tupperware container! Just place the container in a vegetable bag (with the tiny holes), or cover loosely with wax paper. It's the moisture in the chicken that makes it soggy when you enclose it with the lid.

Ruth C.

From my point of view The Tupperware is working too well.And I can use your story in my business!!lol

Leave the lid off or use a fold over kind of plastice baggy, these have enough ventilation for keeping the crispies on your chicken yummy

just wrap your chicken in a paper towel and put it in your lunch bag or box. It won't hold in the moisture and get soggy.

TC in MO

I would wrap the fried chicken in tinfoil, or even just wrap it loosely in paper towel and then place in a paper bag.

make sure the chicken is completely cold before you put the lid on. if it is still a problem, wrap the pieces in paper towels

When I take leftover fried chicken I don't put it in the frig after it's been cooked. I place it on a plate on the stove, and in the morning I wrap it in aluminum foil.

Jennifer, GA

Cool the chicken completely. Store it in a paper towel inside of a paper bag for lunch. The plastic cover is making the chicken too moist.

Fried Chicken on a Plate
Fried Chicken Tips And Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchSeptember 7, 2006
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Fried Chicken
Canning Fried Chicken
Fried chicken in paper bucket against a white background
Copycat Kentucky Fried Chicken
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume