Uses For Paintbrushes

Used Paint Brushes on White Background
Paintbrushes are not just for painting. This is a guide about uses for paintbrushes.

I was trying to get a knot out of a pair of jogging pants the other day when I found one of those cheap watercolor set paintbrushes lying around. You know the ones, you can buy them at the grocery store in those yellow plastic boxes for a dollar with the little circles of watercolors in them.

I used it to untie the knot, and because it had a blunted end and it was flexible more or less, it was a great tool to use. I will be keeping it around for that use, since the watercolors are long gone.

Blessings.

Directions:

When cleaning pleated lampshades, slatted windows, or doors, I use a paint brush. It is really easy to get in the corners where the dust collects the most.

By ditzy46 from Nahunta, GA

As a founding member of the 'Cheapa-Fillipa' club, I am always looking for ways to beat the price. My latest search started after I recovered from cancer and decided that part of the process to feel better was to look better. After spending countless hours watching TV during recuperation, I realized that I wanted to try some new make-up techniques.

One of the keys to putting on eye shadow was to use brushes instead of those stupid foam applicators. They never seemed to go on sale at Walgreens (where I ALWAYS buy make up due to their refund policy) so after pricing them, I thought, why not try paint brushes? They worked great! I found a set of natural fiber craft brushes at the local big box hardware store, normally $4.99 for 5, but they were on sale for .99 cents!

I then tried some from the dollar store that weren't natural fiber and they worked well also, though they were harsher on my skin, so it took more work to 'keep the touch light'. Out of the multi-pack I got 3 eye shadow sized brushes and 2 that work well for lipstick. Great cosmetic sponges at the dollar store too.

I have found that since I am older and my skin has lost elasticity, a lighter hand with the make up goes a long way, and while I am no raving beauty, it gives me a better attitude to be putting my best face forward each day!

By Lori from Milwaukee, WI

There are many uses for paint brushes, other than painting. Some of these are:

By Mairmie

Cheap paintbrushes are nice to use to dust hard-to-reach spots like between computer keys, creases in lampshades and so on.

By Robin from Washington, IA