This at-home hair treatment works like a charm on all hair types; even the frizziest of locks. It helps your hair retain moisture and keeps your mane looking super shiny. All it takes is a liquid, an oil, and a cream. The great thing about this method is that you can even use some of the cheapest products around your house. Sometimes I just use water, olive oil, and that freebie lotion I got during a hotel stay. No matter what you use, as long as you follow the guidelines, your tresses will look amazing.
You will need:
- water or water-based leave in conditioner
- oil - olive, castor, coconut, grapeseed or hair oil
- cream like cream-based conditioner, moisturizing cream, or shea butter
Then just follow these simple steps:
- On clean hair, dampen all over with the liquid. This is the moisture that needs to be sealed in. You can use a spray bottle to help distribute it evenly.
- Apply a thin layer of oil all over to help lock in the moisture.
- Lastly, apply the cream. This keeps the oil trapped, ultimately keeping in the liquid.